Chapter Seven: Jealous? You Got To Be Kidding

I open my eyes drowsily. I was lying on my front…

            …on someone else.

            My eyes widened as I peered down at the figure under me. For a moment, I can’t remember anything what happened earlier this morning. But then, with a jolt, I suddenly recalled how I woke up in the bathroom floor with a nasty headache. And then Xavier found me then we went to his car. Then the car broke down, the storm came and then I fell asleep. And maybe he carried me in the backseat so we could sleep properly.

            I tilted my head in confusion as I stared at Xavier’s sleeping face peacefully. His eyes were closed and his mouth was open slightly. His hair was messy – as always. His chest went up and down as he breathed through his mouth. For a moment, I was mesmerized by this handsome creature before me. He looked like an angel… My eyes went down to his mouth.

            I licked my lips. I don’t know why but I have a sudden feeling that I want to kiss those lips of his. I leaned closer to him and inhaled his scent. Even though his last shower must have been more than twelve hours ago, he still smelled heavenly. I smiled; goodness, I sound like a stalker.

            Leaning closer again, I closed my eyes and slowly brushed my lips against his. A shiver of pleasure washed me. Oh my God… I never felt like this before. Not even when I have hot make out sessions with Sandor. Even though Sandor kisses really well, he seems pleasuring only himself, not the both of us. But I just went to the flow because I know this new “me” doesn’t complain.

            Oh shit. Sandor.

            My eyes shot open then pulled away from Xavier. Staring at his lips, horrified, I touched my lips. Oh my God. Did I just almost-kissed my boyfriend’s brother? A wave of guilt drowned me. I could be really a bitch sometimes. Wait, no. Make that all that times.

            I tried to get up but Xavier’s hands were on my waist, pressing me to him tightly. I tried and tried, yet he was too strong for me. So I joshed sighed, defeated.

            “No… Don’t leave me…” he murmured under his breath.

            I blinked. Was he having a nightmare?

            But before I could register what he was saying, I could hear a car stopping. I raised my head just in time to see a BMW convertible parked just beside Xavier’s car. My eyes widened as Claire stepped out, a frown on her beautiful face.

            Immediately, I panicked. Crap, what if she could see us? She would think I was cheating on my boyfriend. Luckily, Xavier’s car’s window was tinted so it would be hard to look at.

            I grabbed Xavier’s hand and shook. “Xavier, wake up!” I whispered loudly at his ear. “Someone is coming! Xavier!”

            Xavier’s eyes fluttered open and abruptly sat up. I gave a yelp of surprise as my head said hello the car roof roughly. Xavier winced and whispered, “Sorry.”

            I ignored him. “Claire’s coming!”

            “What?” he muttered under his breath then went to a sitting position. With a little trouble, I also sat beside him uneasily. My heart was beating in my chest nervously.

            “What are we going to do?” I asked, biting my lip.

            “Act normal as possible—” he started, but when he glanced at me, he stopped. “Don’t bite your lips.”