Chapter Twenty-Eight: Blue Eyes

As soon as I saw Xavier, I ran towards him and hugged him hard. He hugged me back tightly. I pulled away and smiled at him. “I remembered a memory,” I informed him.

He broke out into a relieved smile, as if he couldn’t believe he heard something good. “Really? What memory is it?”

“It wasn’t that good… But it explains a lot about my fear with the thunders.”

And just like that, Xavier’s smile dropped. “Oh. You remembered that night? That night was the one I was talking to you about back in Prom… But anyway, at least you remembered something. Maybe your memories could get back.”

Sandor suddenly laughed behind me. Xavier and I both turned around. I frowned as I watched Sandor continue laughing. “What’s so funny?” I demanded.

“If ever your memories would get back, then Xavier wouldn’t be there with you. He’d be dead and you’d be with me.”

Kelly whimpered in fear as she scooted closer to us. I put my hand on her shoulder, trying to reassure her. Tightening my jaw, I glared at Sandor. “What’s your plan now?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“I’m calling Summer now and demand my money.”

Fear engulfed me and I drew in a sharp breath. Summer would get killed and it would be my fault. I looked down at my feet.

“Do you really have to kill Summer?” Xavier asked him, noticing my fear.

“Of course. I don’t spare my witnesses.”

“Claire?”

“She’s different; she’s an accomplice.”

“But—”

“Auutmn, I have no choice but to kill Summer,” Sandor interrupted, speaking directly to me. “I’m sorry but I have to. I told you once, if I have to hurt you before you to be with me, then so be it. I’m really sorry.”

I didn’t reply because I know I wouldn’t say “It’s okay, let’s just forget about it” in front of him. All I want to say was that how I want him to burn in hell but what’s the use? Talking to him like that is not going to help me. I could yell and scream at him different curses but it wouldn’t help me. Why waste my energy?

Sandor was already dialing Summer’s number on his phone. Then he placed his phone on his right ear and stared at me right in the eye. After a few seconds, he finally said, “Summer?”

“Put it in loudspeaker,” I told him quietly.

Sandor hesitated then pressed the loudspeaker.

“—dor, why are you calling me?” came Summer’s voice.

“I have to tell you something.”

“What is it? Is it about my sister?” There’s fear and nervousness on her voice and I swallowed a lump in my throat to prevent from crying.

“Yes. She’s currently locked up inside my grandfather’s attic. I’ll text you the address later.”

“What do you mean?”

“Together with Xavier and Kelly.”

“Sandor. Tell me what the hell do you mean right now! Or I’ll call the police and I swear—”

“You’re not in the position to make threats,” he said, smirking. “Come here eleven in the evening and bring fifty thousand dollars.”

“You little bastard. How dare you—”

“You’re also not the in the position of insulting,” Sandor said, pacing back and forth, chuckling. “But yes, fifty thousand dollars would be enough. I can steal from my parents if it isn’t. Anyway, don’t call the police. Call them and I would kill Autumn.”