Chapter 16: Wedding

Antony was dizzy with happiness; the next morning he was going to be married. After six months, the wait was finally over. The wedding was to take place in Liverpool.

He smiled as he tapped the door of Tily's balcony. He climbed a two-storey building and waited with a bunch of her favourite roses.

Tily's sleepy face appeared, she was holding a pistol ready.

"Antony!" she exclaimed in surprise and hurriedly opened the door.

"Where you going to shoot me, my love?"

"Thank god I didn't, what are you doing here?" she said, smiling cheekily.

"The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars

As daylight doth a lamp; her eye in heaven

Would through the airy region stream so bright

That birds would sing, and think it were not night.

See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand.

O, that I were a glove upon that hand,

That I might touch that cheek!"

Antony quoted Romeo giving her the flowers.

"The orchard walls are high and hard to climb;

And the place death, considering who thou art,

If any of my kinsmen find thee here"

she quoted Juliet.

"With love's light wings did I o'er-perch these walls;

For stony limits cannot hold love out:

And what love can do, that dares love attempt;

Therefore thy kinsmen are no let to me."

He said and pulled her into a kiss.

It was their first kiss; his first kiss. He didn't know what came over him. He had been patient all those times, but not today, not now. His heart thumped madly as he kissed her like there was no tomorrow. She tasted divine. He pulled her closer basking in her warmth. Both broke apart only when they were completely out of breath.

"Good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,

That I shall say good night till it be morrow," said Antony.

"You could use the front steps you know," said Tily leaning against the door, watching Antony climbing down with a dazed smile.

Antony shook his head, "I want to do it properly." He proceeded to climb down her window.

Antony was whistling happily as he walked back to his cottage, in his happiness he didn't pay heed to his gut instinct, but when he did it was already too late. He heard a pistol being shot and everything went dark.