Chapter 38: Vixen

Amelia pushed Antony off the bed and would also have pushed him out through the window had he not escaped.

"Why are you trying to kill me?" Antony hissed as he clung to the branch for dear life.

"If you are just going to keep spouting nonsense, leave. You are giving me a headache."

"Amelia, please."

"Leave now, or I am calling the guards."

"You wouldn't," Antony said in bravado.

"Guards! Guards!" she screamed.

Antony immediately hid in the dense branch of the tree.

"What is it, My Lady?" Antony heard the guards calling from outside her door.

"I think I saw someone creeping down the hall," she said in a panicked voice.

"Lady, please lock the door and stay inside. We will scour the premises, the rat will not escape."

Amelia closed the door, turning to see Antony standing in her room.

"I advise you to make haste, or you won't go unseen," Amelia said, eyeing Antony who was inching closer.

"You little vixen! What did you do that for?"

Amelia ignored him and went to bed, Antony followed suit.

"What are you doing?" hissed Amelia.

"What else! I am going to sleep."

"Leave now!"

"Whose fault is it that I cannot leave? I don't fancy being shot now that all the guards are on high alert."

"If you leave now, I will come back with you," Amelia said playfully. She didn't expect Antony to spring into action in a split second. When she got up he already left.

"Someone's over there!" a guard shouted.

Amelia's heart was in overdrive. "Fool! Why does he do such stupid things," she cursed him under her breath and rushed down the halls.

"My Lady, it might be dangerous," a guard tried to stop her, but she pushed him away and ran where the sound of the guard came from, Mercifully, they hadn't caught Antony. Her legs gave out as relief surged through her, she staggered and fell.

"Amelia!" Antony caught her before she fell.

Some guards made surprised sounds while others drew their swords swiftly.

"Stand down! Are you planning to hurt my husband, I said stand down!" Amelia screamed.

"Can you stand?" Antony asked, she shook her head as he gently lifted and carried her in.

"What is happening? Why are you causing mayhem!?" Lord Nicholas entered with a cross face.

Amelia was completely drained, she didn't have the energy to watch another drama unfold.

"Antony, leave now and come back tomorrow."

"Amelia-"

"I said leave, you have done enough for today." She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Dad, help me."

Nicholas helped her to bed, she knew her father wanted to ask her what happened.

"Please let's talk tomorrow," she implored. Lord Nicholas left her, closing the door behind.

She has had enough of Antony, marriage, and love. Was it that easy for him to throw himself into danger without a single thought of her?

"I told you to leave," she whispered. She sensed his presence in the room before she saw him.

"How can I leave, when you are like this?" Antony said and emerged from behind the curtains. He came closer and sat next to her on the bed.

"I gave you all I can today, I can't take you again. My body is aching. You should find some other woman if you want anymore."

Amelia gasped as Antony punched the headboard angrily.

"Is that what you think of me? That I am here for-" He stood up and punched the wall angrily. Amelia had never seen him this angry. "Do you really think- I would have laid even my finger on you without-" he punched angrily again.

Now Amelia was furious, "What else is there Antony? You don't love me but you say you need me! I have nothing to offer. You don't give a damn whether I fell into water or not. Today, you didn't give a damn about what it will do to me if you get hurt. Do you know how scared I was? How could you take off like that? Do you have a death wish?" she got up angrily and punched him.

"I didn't leave, I just hid under the bed. I was surprised when you rushed out in a hurry!"

"What!?"

"And, you called the guards on me first, if I may add."

"So, you decided to scare me?"

"I didn't expect you to react as such-"

"You are a pea-brain who would rush into danger without thinking, what else do you expect?"

"I am sorry that I scared you, I am sorry for everything. Amelia, when I said I need you I didn't mean- how could you even think so low of me?"

"You are a caveman, look at my neck and chest."

"Only you Amelia, only you do that to me. You bring out the worst in me. I promise you I won't lay even a finger on you from now on."

"Do whatever you want, what else can I expect from a selfish man like you"

AN: Thanks for all your wishes, there will be double update tomorrow too.