Chapter 40: All that ends well

"Save me the last bite," Antony said as Amelia was eating the chocolate cake.

Amelia gave him an insolent look while putting the final and huge piece of chocolate cake into her mouth.

"You little vixen," Antony pulled her into a deep kiss as both tongues fought for the cake.

"Dad!" a voice interrupted their fight, Amelia smirked as she swallowed the remaining cake once Antony got distracted.

"Dad!" called Sara again. "Yes, Sara," Antony called back in almost a sigh.

"Dad, I have to go to the Brentwood castle now. Belinda just wrote, Oliver is in a real bad state, he needs me."

"What did he do now? Don't tell me it has something to do with Lady Violet."

"He wrote her a love letter."

Amelia looked in horror as she said, "He didn't!"

"He said that the love for her is a growing pain, like a hard stool stuck in his butt."

"Is he really the son of 'the rake' Marcus, maybe someone switched him during birth," Antony said, stifling a laugh.

"Take your handmaid as chaperone," Antony shouted to the disappearing form of his second daughter.

"Chaperone! She has known him since birth. You are being over-protective."

"Men are animals-"

"You are the one to talk."

Antony grinned roguishly as he stacked towards her like the men he just described.