Ch-6 The ex best friend

Three days had passed since harry, rishu and jaddu had arrived. And mahi was feeling very greatful that they had come since he had missed them terribly while in New York.

Mahi, sonu, jaddu harry and rishu were trying their hand in cooking while sakshi and Priyanka had gone out, carefully covering their faces. Priyanka thought it was best if she takes sakshi out, as she hadn't gone out anytime except at night. It took a while, but finally mahi had also agreed.
And the children were playing with Rio in the room.
Just then door bell rang and thinking it to be sakshi and Priyanka, sonu opened the door and saw yuvi standing there, smiling.

"Yuvi you here?" Sonu asked shocked.
"Yeah came here to meet you."
"How did you know i am here?" Sonu asked.
"You forgot that you had told me that you have your uncle's house in Kolkata where you stay whenever you come and you had given me the address also and then some days before you told me you were in Kolkata and i have also come for some work so i decided to give you a surprise visit. But it seems you are not happy with my visit."

"Of course i am" sonu said quickly, trying to smile.
"Then why aren't you even calling me inside and asking questions?"
Sonu didn't know what to do. He couldn't invite him inside but he could also not say that. "Yuvi uh...." He was about to say but rishabh's voice came. "Sonu bhai everyone's waiting for you" He said coming at the door and was shocked to see yuvi standing there.

"Rishabh you are also here?" Yuvi asked surprised.
"And everyone? Who else is there?" Yuvi asked looking at sonu.
"No one you know, just me, Rishabh, priyanka, gracia and Rio." Sonu replied quickly.
"Ohh" said yuvi still suspicious seeing sonu's behaviour.
"So can i come inside?" Yuvi asked again.
Sonu having no other option, nodded.
Yuvi entered the house and was about to say something, when Harry came.
"Common what's taking so long, the food is almost...." He was saying but stopped when he saw yuvi standing there.

"You told me that there is only you, Rishabh priyanka and the children." Yuvi told sonu. "You are hiding something from me."

"No it's nothing actually...."
"Don't tell lies, sonu what are you hiding, why did you lie?"

If sonu thought things couldn't go worse, he was wrong. Because just then gracia and ziva came down running. "Chachu/ papa" both ziva and gracia shouted.
"We are hungry...." And then stopped seeing yuvi there looking at them specially ziva in horror.

"Hello chachu" gracia said and went to hug yuvi and so did ziva as she was excited to see him after three years.

Sonu realized that even in these three years, mahi hadn't explained the situation properly to ziva, and he didn't even blame him, she was too small to know what's really happening.

Yuvi stood there in shock, still not believing that he was actually seeing ziva. And he realized that if he was seeing her that could only mean one thing.... HE was also here.
And sonu was actually trying to hide him, and lie for him.
Yuvi was getting angry on Sonu and that traitor who had come back. But he was also aware that these two girls had to be first asked to go to their room.
So he tried to fake a smile hiding the anger and said "Please go upstairs i want to have an important chat with sonu"

Sonu took a hint that there was going to be a fight and looked at rishabh and pointed upstairs and then at the kids. Rishabh understood what sonu wanted to say and managed to convince the girls to come with him.

"Care to explain?" Yuvi asked sonu as soon as Rishabh had taken away the girls.
"Yuvi i know you must be angry...." Sonu started.
"Where is he?" Yuvi interrupted.
"Yuvi listen...."
"Sonu just tell me where is he, i want to talk to him." Yuvi said not ready to listen to sonu.
Sonu didn't know what to do, but it didn't matter as both mahi and jaddu had come wondering why they were taking so much time.

Mahi and yuvi both looked at each other, yuvi angrily and mahi shocked. He was seeing yuvi after three years, after yuvi had called him and said that he regretted being friend with a traitor and he couldn't believe that mahi could stoop so low for money. Yuvi hadn't even given a proper chance to mahi to explain himself and had cut the call.

"How dare you come here again, after what you have done?" Yuvi asked mahi.
Mahi didn't answer, because he didn't know what to say, specially after their last call. He hadn't heard him then, then why would he hear him now? And even if he would, mahi didn't want to justify himself now in front of anyone. In the three years he had accepted the fact that except his four brothers, no one else believed and everyone thought he was a traitor.

"How are you even able to stay here after what you have done?" Yuvi asked further giving mahi a accusing look.
"Sonu how could you even let him stay in your house? And hardik and jadeja you two too? Don't you know how he is."

"We know how he is." Jaddu said not being able to hold himself. "That's why we are supporting him. He can never do anything like match fixing and we know that."

"He's right" harry supported jaddu. "and one more thing, don't you ever call mahi bhai a traitor in front of us. If you do that ever again then...." He trailed off making it clear that it wouldn't be good.
"You are threatening me?" Yuvi asked surprised at their boldness. "But not surprising, disrespecting a senior you must have learned it from him only, right?" He asked pointing to mahi "he, who removed all the seniors from the team, just so he could fix matches." Yuvi was angry, beyond angry, not even thinking what he was saying, not even bothering to analyse his words before speaking.

Sonu looked at him in horror thinking that how could yuvi say something like this, he was not a person to target other's weak spot so how could he do this to mahi? They are not friends now but they were once and yuvi was well aware that mahi was sensitive about that topic. And now he even joined match fixing to it.

Jaddu and Harry couldn't help it, they ran towards yuvi angrily.
But Sonu held harry while mahi, who till now wasn't being able to move and just run away from there, finally managed to move from his spot and hold jaddu.
"Leave me mahi bhai, i will show him." Jaddu said glaring at yuvi who was glaring at him back.

"Jaddu stop it. You just can't go and fight with someone who's saying what you don't like. It's his opinion and if he thinks so, let it be" mahi said trying to show that he's not hurt. Even though he was. Yuvi was supposed to be his friend, best friend actually, so how did things suddenly change so much. Why was their friendship so weak, that yuvi didn't even trust him. And most importantly, did yuvi really think that he was responsible for dropping all the seniors? That he did that for his selfish reasons?
This questions started to bother mahi but he couldn't let it show.

After making sure that harry wouldn't again run to yuvi, sonu left him and went to yuvi. "Yuvi, i think you should leave. It has been enough. We have heard enough and please just leave."

"Sonu i don't believe that you are actually supporting him." Yuvi said with disgust.
"And yuvi i never believed that you actually don't trust mahi. If you hear the audio with open mind, not already thinking that mahi is the culprit, you will realize the truth. If you look at the photos of the documents carefully and without already deciding that he is responsible, the truth will be infront of your eyes. And please yuvi for the sake of our freindship, don't tell anyone that you saw mahi here. You can leave" sonu said ponting to the door.

"Sonu, you are going to regret this" yuvi said as he started to go out. "I won't yuvi, but you sure will after the truth comes out." Sonu said as he closed the door.

"I don't want to have lunch, you guys have lunch" mahi said quickly going to his room knowing if he stopped there for a minute more, he wouldn't be able to hide his tears.

Harry and jaddu looked at each other, worried for their mahi bhai.
"You guys eat lunch with the kids, i will go and talk to mahi" sonu said.
"No we don't want to eat, until mahi bhai eats." Harry said and jaddu nodded.

"The kids are also hungry, that's why I am telling, don't worry i will talk to him and bring him down."

Knowing that sonu was right, that the kids were also hungry, jaddu and Harry decided to do as he said.
Harry and jaddu went to the kid's room telling them to come for lunch while sonu went to mahi's room.