Ch-28 The dreaded reunion

Four days before the start of the series, the team had to reach Delhi for their first test match against Sri Lanka.

"They are not going to leave us." Virat said to rohit as they got out of the car and started to go towards the hotel amidst the crowd of people who were being asked to make way for them.

"Virat, virat" and "rohit, rohit." Were the shouts heard as people were excited and relieved to see them healthy.

They turned around and smiled at some people and even stopped to give a few autographs.

"I know." Rohit answered as they entered inside the hotel, the voices of fans subsiding a little.

"Maybe we can use our pain as a weapon against the scolding we are going to receive?"

Rohit stared at him.

"Ok, ok, I was just joking. Cool down." Virat said seeing that Ro was not amused at all.

"Whatever happens at least we are together." Ro said.

Vi nodded. "Being scolded alone by the whole team would suck."

Their luggage was taken upstairs by two bellhops and they followed.

They were surprised to see the whole team in the lobby.

They started hugging all their teammates one by one.

"We are so glad to see you two." Bhuvi said.
"You scared us." Jinks added.

"yeah bhai, we can't believe you guys did what you did." Kul said.

"Do you guys realize the danger you had put yourself in?" Rahul asked.

"What if something really serious had happened to you both?" Yuzi asked.

"Guys..guys..guys." vi stopped them before anyone else could say further. "You can scold us all you want, but can we please at least go to our room first?"

"And sleep?" Rohit added.

All of them couldn't help but smile at that and led the both of them to their room.

"You guys are sharing the room so that it's easier for us to take care of you both till you are fit to go on the field." Jinks said.

"Sorry what do you mean by till we are fit? We already are fit. We are healthy and we are walking." Vi said.

"Fit enough to walk does not mean fit enough to run or dive. Sonu has informed that the doctor has asked to ask you both to take rest for some more days and only then go on field. Also he has talked with our physio. He will be monitoring your health and only when he sees it fit, you guys will be allowed to go on the field."

"No way! We were not told to take rest when we were discharged." Rohit protested.

"I am pretty sure you guys were, and you have just forgotten, ro." Jinks said.

Rohit looked at virat for support but vi shook his head indicating that they were told to take rest which they had decided to ignore thinking that no one would care. But of course some people would! Their brothers would!

"But we don't agree. We can run and we can dive just fine." Vi said. "I am going to play from the first match itself."

"Don't be childish virat. It's for your own sake. If something else happens to you both while playing it will lead to serious problems." Jinks tried to make him see reason.

"Nothing will happen to us. Wanna race and find out? We can.."
Jink's glare made virat shut up instantly.

"You two are not playing and that's final." Bhuvi declared. "At least not until the physio declares you fully fit."