Ch-14 I know who did it

The news had reached everyone and undoubtedly it reached three worrying elder brothers also, who were talking about it on the phone.

"I can't believe Sonu would do something like this." Rahul bhai said worried.
"Yeah, did he not realize the risks when helping mahi....Ms?" Dada asked also worried.
"We know Sonu always believed in him, right?" Sachin paji asked "it's actually not very surprising that he does something like this but jammy I think at this moment only you can make sonu understand that it is not safe to let mahi stay with him."

"I don't think he's going to listen to me, but i will try." Rahul bhai said taking out the phone and calling sonu.

Sonu was sitting with mahi when he saw that rahul bhai was calling him. He knew what it must be about but then also he decided to pick up the phone.
Sonu had to lie to mahi that the call was from one of his friends and went out of the room to answer it.
"Hello." He answered.
"Sonu, what is the news about? Are you really letting Ms stay in your house?" He heard rahul bhai ask him.
"Yes, i am, what's the problem?" Sonu asked casually.
"The problem is that the media are not going to leave you and your family and you will be dragged in unnecessary controversies."
"I don't care. They can do whatever they want. Mahi is my best friend, I can't leave him when he needs me the most."

"Sonu i know you care about him but he's proven guilty and you can't change that. So think about your family, you know some of these people can even hurt your family, don't you?"

"I know how to take care of my family. You don't need to worry about me. Anyways i will have to go." Sonu said and quickly cut the call. He was so angry that he feared that he may say something that he would regret to rahul bhai if they continued the conversation.
Despite rahul bhai not believing in mahi, sonu still loved him and respected him though way less than before. And he sometimes still considered him as an elder brother.

Sonu calmed himself as he knew mahi needed him more right now.

As sonu was about to leave, he got a call from Yuvi.
"Sonu is he alright? Are you alright? Are the kids alright? Are the...."
"Yes, yes, calm down Yuvi." Sonu interrupted knowing that he was going to ask about everyone. Everyone is alright." He added trying to calm him down.

"How did they come to know?" Yuvi asked still worried.
Sonu told him the whole story.
"I am coming there." Yuvi decided after hearing the whole story.

"No!! are you mad?" Sonu almost shouted. "Though police has forced everyone to leave and there are some officers who are taking care that no one comes again, i am sure there will be reporters and some people around keeping eyes here, waiting for something to happen. In this situation, if you will come, you and your family will also be in danger. Right now no one can come here and no one can go from here."

"What about harry, jaddu and Rishabh? They are selected for that series, right?"

"There is still time. Hopefully by the time they have to leave, we will come up with a plan to get them out of here."

"I can't believe that man, sonu. So irresponsible of him to give the phone to his friend. He just created a huge problem for you all." Yuvi said angrily.

"I know it seems like a problem." Sonu said "but i am kind of great ful this happened."

"What do you mean by great ful?" Yuvi asked surprised.

"Mahi was planning to leave
Yuvi, in just some days. He had made his mind and wasn't ready to listen to anyone. If ye had left this time, i am pretty sure he wouldn't have come back even if he was proved innocent. And if we had told him that we were trying to prove him innocent, he definitely wouldn't have stayed. So at least now, even if things are bad, he has to stay so that means we get more time to prove him innocent. And if he is proven, we will not let him leave at any cost."

"You ability to see good in bad situations has still not left." Yuvi said smiling a little. "But you are right, we have a chance to stop mahi from ever leaving again. But tell me what should we do now?"

"I still haven't gotten all the information, my friend told me it would take at minimum, two more days. But as soon as I get information, I will send it to you and from then we will move forward accordingly."

"Okay sonu, take care of yourself and mahi." Yuvi said.
"You also yake care of yourself." Sonu said and he cut the call.

He turned around to leave the room and froze as he saw Mahi staring at him with no expression on his face.

"Who were you talking to?" Mahi asked.
"Ju....just my friend." Stammered sonu. Telling your best friend lies especially when they are directly staring at you is never easy.

"What were you talking about?" mahi asked casually.

Now sonu started to doubt that mahi had actually heard the conversation. He was not a person to interfere in anything but his questions showed otherwise.

"No..thing he was just asking me how was, you know, everyone in the house." Sonu tried to lie.

"Good to know that Yuvraj was concerned. Now can you tell me the truth?" Mahi asked in a poker voice.

"Just say you heard all of it." Sonu said sighing defeated.

"I have told you right that I don't want you to try and prove me innocent, then why are you behind it?" Mahi asked angrily.

"Mahi, listen to me, if we are successful in proving you innocent, you will never need to go again. You can stay here, ziva and sakshi bhabhi can stay here in india. Everything will be alright."

"Nothing will be alright, sonu, not after what they have done. I am not going to come back and you don't need to prove anything to anyone."

He then snatched the phone from sonu's hands and called Yuvi.

"Hello sonu...." Yuvi said as he thought Sonu had called but mahi interrupted.

"You and sonu don't need to do anything. Don't try to prove me innocent because i don't care." He said a little angrily.

Yuvi realized mahi might have overheard their phone call because he knew sonu wouldn't have told him.
"Mahi, listen, I know you are very angry on me and others who didn't believe in you but we can help you to return to your old life...."

"Stop it, Yuvraj." Mahi interrupted. "I don't need your help. If it were so easy to go back to my old life, i would have tried to prove myself innocent in the beginning only. And i wouldn't even have to do the hard work that you two are doing because I know who did it already. So stop trying to prove me innocent and mind your own business." He said and cut the call quickly.

He gave the phone back to sonu, who was looking in horror at mahi.

"You knew the entire time about the real culprit?" Sonu asked.

"Yes i know, and i don't care now. So you should also stop caring." Mahi answered and went away.

Sonu was too shocked to even pick up yuvi's calls and just stared as mahi left from there.