Ch-16 The Flashback- II

"How....how could you do this?" Virat asked mahi completely shocked.

"I....i didn't do anything, this is all fake." Mahi answered just staring at the screen in horror.

They were showing fake photos and documents which had his fake signature and saying that he had fixed the semi final match.

"The photos can be fake but what about the voice? It's exactly yours." Rohit said.

"It isn't mine!" Mahi bhai exclaimed. "I have never had any conversation like this with anyone. Please trust me, i can never fix a match."

He looked around the room at everyone. There was distrust, uncertainty and betrayal in everyone's eyes. He couldn't believe that his own brothers were not believing in him.

"So you all don't trust me?" He asked directly, his voice taking a cold turn.
No one said anything and some of them looked down, which gave mahi bhai his answer.

"Cheeku do you also not trust me?" He asked vi quietly, hoping that at least he would trust him.

"Don't call me Cheeku." Virat snapped. "Only mahi bhai had that right, not a betrayer."

This was the breaking point for mahi. He already felt suffocated after seeing the news and then everyone's distrust and now he realized that even chee...virat doesn't believe in him.

He felt dizzy as it hit him that no one believes in him. He couldn't stay there anymore. He quickly went from there towards his room.

He quickly entered the room and saw sakshi pacing in the room with a worried expression and the tv was open.
"Do you also not believe me?" Mahi asked her.

Sakshi was shocked hearing his question. "Of course i believe you." She said going towards mahi and hugging him.

Mahi had tried very hard to control his self in front of everyone but as soon as sakshi hugged him, he broke down.

"They don't believe me." He said crying.

"Who?" Sakshi asked just to make sure she was thinking about the right people.

And to her surprise she was. "Vi..virat, rohit and everyone else." Mahi answered trying to control his tears but not being able to as their faces which showed betrayal and distrust came in front of him.

Sakshi couldn't believe it. Out of everyone how could Cheeku and ro not trust mahi?

"They think... I...i betrayed our country, that....i.....fixed the match." Mahi continued. "But you know i can't do it right? You believe me right?" He asked wanting at least someone to believe in him.

"Of course i believe you." Sakshi answered as she took mahi and made him sit on the bed.
She gave him a glass of water and tried to calm him down.

"Do you want to talk to yuvi and bhajji?" Sakshi asked thinking that they are close to him and they can help him.

Mahi hesitated but then he nodded.

For some reason, sakshi had a feeling they something bad would happen while making the conference call to bhajji and Yuvi but she decided to ignore it thinking that they both know mahi from so long, they are his best friends, they would definitely believe in him.

Mahi took the phone from sakshi.
The phone rang for sometime and then was picked by yuvi and bhajji both.

"What do you want?' Yuvi asked in a hostile tone.
Their tone shocked mahi but he answered "you guys don't believe this news, right?"
Even though Yuvi's tone made it clear, mahi still had a little hope that they would say yes.