Ch-27 Regret, sadness, disappointment

Dada and sachin paji both reached at rahul Bhai's place the next morning. They were told by vijeta bhabhi that he was far from good. And that he was not talking much with anyone.

They went to his room only to find him sitting there looking dejected.

"Jammy." Dada said to get his attention.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jammy Bhai asked, surprised.

"We came to take you with us to Mumbai. Sonu was able to convince mahi to come and so he's coming."

"I told you I am not going to come."

"You will have to jam." Sachin paji said as both of them went and sat beside rahul Bhai.

Dada sighed. "Don't be stubborn jammy."

"Do you remember when mahi had just made debut in the team? It had been some months and he was not opening up or talking freely with us."

"We remember." Sachin paji said, looking at dada, as both of them tried to figure out where rahul is going with that.

"And then I talked to him and got to know that his childhood friend had betrayed him and shared the same story with you guys, do you remember?"

"Yeah, we do jam." Dada said.

"Then you guys would also remember the promise that I told I had made to him?"

Dada nodded.
"Then how the hell do you want me to face him?"

If it was any other time, dada and sachin paji would start to tease rahul Bhai for using swear words but unfortunately it was not any other time. Everyone were too regretful, sad and disappointed to even notice anything else.

"Jammy, come on man, we need to go.."

"I cant go. You don't get it. I hugged him. I hugged him and told him that he could come to me..to us, anytime he wanted. That we will always be there for him. What do you want me to do now, huh? Hug him and tell him sorry I broke the promise I made to you? Sorry i didn't pick up the call when you needed me the most? Sorry I didn't believe in you? Sorry I didn't even listen to you? And sorry that I didn't even listen to Sonu who was trying to tell how it was not your voice? What do you want me to do sourav?" Rahul Bhai's voice had raised a little but he did not care. They were not understanding, he just couldn't go.

"You think you are the only one who made him a promise? You think you are the only one who broke his trust? You think you are the only one who is feeling terrible guilt? Having terrible remorse? The day before mahi's 148 innings, I was the one who told him that I believed in him only if he believed in himself and that I will protect him no matter what happens, and then just like you I didn't pick up his call. But at least I have the strength to own my mistake unlike you who is behaving like a COWARD."

Sachin paji knew this was going to get out of hand quickly. And he needed to control it before they said something they would regret. But before he could say anything, rahul Bhai spoke

"Coward? Is that you want to call it. Okay then, I am a coward, happy? I am a coward who can't face him and who won't face him."

"Then you promise me to never tell the youngsters that when they make a mistake, they should accept it, own it and try to rectify it. If you don't come rahul, you loose the right to teach that."

"Okay I won't teach them."

Dada stared at him in disbelief. "You are being so ridiculous right now. I can't even deal with you."

"So don't." Rahul bhai snapped. "I did not ask you to come here. You did it on your own."

Before dada could reply, sachin paji interrupted. "Guys! Stop! Why the hell are you two acting like children? Fighting with each other?"

"Because he's being ridiculous." Dada said pointing at rahul bhai.

"Not one word from you two." Sachin paji stopped them. "We can't fight like this within ourselves. We are here to decide on a plan about how to apologise to mahi and not for fight."

"But I don't want to apologise, because I don't deserve it. So you two can go. And there will be no need of a fight if you two leave me alone."

"Neither do we, rahul. No one who didn't trust him at that time, actually deserves apology, but we have to at least go and show him that we regret it." Dada said. "If we won't show, he will never know."

"I can't even face him. How will I face him?"

"Together. All of us. We will be together. We will apologize together. And he will probably be upset and disappointed and angry on us, but whatever we will do, we will do together. You are not the only one who did him wrong, jammy. We all did. But we should at least own it up. Try to rectify. You also know we have to do that. I know that you know that. Also we have to apologise to Sonu. He also deserves it. You know how much he would be hurt too. And just think what about the juniors? I know mahi won't forgive them easily which is right, because he shouldn't, but they would be hurt and there should be someone to handle them. And virat and Rohit..they themselves would be too disappointed and upset..they don't deserve the responsibility to handle the juniors..if we are there..we can handle everyone of them."

"Maybe you are right." Rahul bhai said thinking about juniors and Sonu and virat and Rohit..and mahi. "Okay, you are right. We should go. We will go."

Dada and sachin paji hugged rahul bhai. "Everything will be alright." Sachin paji said to his best friends.

"I hope so." Rahul bhai muttered.
"I know it will be hard, but I am sure he will forgive us one day." Dada said and the other two nodded.

"So the tickets.." rahul bhai said parting from the hug.

"Yeah, let me book them." Dada said taking out his mobile.

             _____________

I always loved mahi and rahul Bhai's bond but AadeezTrashLuv's books have made me fall more in love with them. So you will see a lot of emphasis on their bond in the coming chapters.

And thanks for reading, hope you liked the chapter.