Ch-10- The Flashback

Sonu went upstairs scared about mahi but he was happy to see that mahi was playing with ziva, gracia and Rio and everyone were in the room with him, and they all were trying to make Rio laugh. Hardik and jaddu were making funny faces at Rio and Rishabh was looking at them and trying to learn from them while everyone else were laughing at the two and mahi was also smiling.

Though sonu could see that mahi isn't really happy from inside, he was glad that at least he wouldn't feel alone. He was so glad that harry jaddu and Rishabh still believed in him. He started to remember one of the worst or he could even say the worst day.

It had been four hours since the news broke out, but he had just opened the tv and got to know about it.
He instantly tried to call mahi, but he was not picking up his calls. So he called virat to ask about mahi but was surprised to hear him say that he didn't know where mahi was and he also didnt care.
Then after some more questioning did sonu realize that virat and the whole team don't believe in mahi and virat was even asked sonu to not talk with mahi. Sonu was so angry that at that particular moment he wanted to actually beat the whole team and knock some sense into them.

He tried to tell virat that he is making a big mistake, but virat just asked him to see all the proofs and check for himself.
Sonu wanted to argue with vi about how wrong he was doing, but he was more worried about mahi now. His own brothers were not believing in him and thinking he had fixed this. Sonu realized that nothing could be worse than that.
He decided to just cut the call and again called mahi. But again the phone was unreachable.

He then decided to call sakshi.
She picked up after five minutes.
"Sonu" she said worry laced in her voice.
"Sakshi, how's mahi?" Sonu asked since he knew that mahi and sakshi had went together for the series and he felt glad that she had gone with him.

"He's terrible sonu, no one from the team is believing him. I don't know exactly what happened but he went to virat and others after this news came out, and when he came back, he had tears in his eyes but was trying not to cry. I tried to ask him so many times what happened but he just said that they don't believe him and they have called him a traitor and a betrayer."

"What's he doing now?" Sonu had asked. "I have managed to calm him down a little and persuaded him to take rest for sometime but i know that isn't going to do any good." Sakshi said.
"What about the seniors, did anyone call him? Dada or rahul bhai or did yuvi call him?" Sonu asked.

"They have been ignoring his calls." Sakshi answered "and yuvi and bahjji even told him to not call them again."
"What?" Sonu almost yelled, shocked. "Even dada and yuvi don't believe him?" This was something sonu had never expected from them both. They were closest to mahi during early days. He, yuvi and mahi would always hang out together and everyone could see how much dada loved mahi, then how did this even happen?

"Why didn't he or you call me then?" Sonu asked.
"He was scared. He told me he wouldn't be able to bare if you also like others told him that you don't believe in him. He didn't have the strength to call you and check whether you believed or not. But i am so glad that at least you believe in him, sonu. Thank you so much."

"Sakshi there's nothing to thank. He's my best friend, of course i will believe him. Leave the juniors, i don't understand why yuvi or seniors didn't believe in him." Sonu said. He was really confused about what was even going through their mind and how could they believe that mahi would ever fix a match.

"Sonu please do something, i am feeling scared for him." Sakshi said after a moment of silence.
"Don't worry, sakshi, i will come there, let me just check the nearest flight." Sonu said and put the phone on speaker and started to see flight tickets.
"I have got it." Sonu said after a few minutes of silence.
"Of when?" Sakshi asked