Ch-15 There's something else

After coming out of the shock, sonu finally picked up yuvi's call.

"Sonu what was he saying, he knew the culprit this whole time?" Yuvi asked, astonished.

"Yes, clearly he knew. And i can't believe him, he never even bothered to tell me that he knows. You know what I will call you later, i have to go and have a word with him." Sonu replied and ended the call.

He went to mahi's room where he was sitting reading a book.

"I don't believe you, seriously I don't believe you." Sonu said angrily.
"What do you not believe?" Mahi asked nonchalantly.

This angered sonu more. "You knew this entire time who was behind all this and you still didn't bother to tell me. And left just like that. If you had told me before, we could have proved you innocent a long time ago and you would still be playing for india."

"Sonu I didn't care and that's why I didn't tell you." Mahi said finally keeping his book aside and looking at sonu.

"What do you mean you didn't care?" Asked sonu "you left your country to stay somewhere else not even caring about us? Not even caring for your wife and daughter? You knew sakshi bhabhi was upset at the thought of leaving and ziva was literally crying and yet you didn't just tell me who's behind it so that I could have helped you. I don't believe you mahi, i just can't believe you."

"Sonu, i am sorry. But i didn't have the strength to fight. Not after i realized that neither Yuvi nor anyone else believed in me. Tell me what was the benefit of staying here when neither my younger brother nor my best friend nor my elder brothers believed in me?"

"So only Yuvi matters to you?" Sonu asked quietly. "Or only virat and rohit matter to you? Did you not care about your other best friend that is me? Or did you not care about your other younger brothers harry Rishabh and jaddu? Did our support meant nothing to you? Did our requests of do not go meant nothing for you?"

"No, sonu, it's not like that." Mahi said quickly realizing the meaning of his words. "You all mean so much to me. More than the world, but i couldn't have stayed even if I wanted to. I knew that if i told you who it was, you would not let me leave and try to prove me innocent, and i couldn't afford that."

"Why....why couldn't you afford it?" Sonu asked.

Mahi stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

"There's something else, isn't there mahi? Betrayal isn't the only reason you left, did you?
Please just tell me what it is." Sonu requested.

Mahi looked at sonu who was looking desperate for answers and realized he had to reveal the truth to him now. Or Sonu would do anything to find it by himself only.
Mahi sighed and started to tell the whole story to sonu.

(A/n: Sorry that the chapter is short, but a longer and hopefully more emotional chapter is coming up soon....

Btw a small hint: another flashback but this time from mahi bhai's Pov.)