Ch-26 One more to catch

"I will call Bhai again." Yuvi said but dada stopped him "let him be. Give him some time. And we should also take some time."

"I was thinking..can you guys come to Mumbai for the next series that is being played?" Yuvi asked "virat and ro told me that they will bring mahi there and the whole team will apologize together. And that's a good idea."

"Will mahi agree to go there?" Sachin paji asked knowing that it would be very difficult.

"They said they were going to request Sonu to convince him. Maybe if you guys ask sonu.."

"No, he won't listen to us that's for sure." Dada said "it is more likely that he will listen to virat and others than us. But the idea is not bad. If Sonu agrees, he can only convince mahi to come."

"But what about jammy? If he won't come.." sachin paji said.
"Yeah, first we have to go to him. Sach, we will meet there tomorrow morning. And yuvi keep us updated about what's happening there."

"Yeah, sure dada. And I have to go check on vi and ro. Bye." With that yuvi ended the call.

"Dadi are you alright?" Sachin paji asked knowing how his friend must be feeling.
"Does it matter?"
"Yeah, it does."
"Well to me it doesn't. I have hurt him. I have broken his trust. I don't deserve happiness."
"Sourav don't say like that, please.."
"Sach, see you tomorrow, be there." Dada interrupted and then cut the call.

Sachin paji sighed. All of them were hurting but no one was ready to talk. But he was determined to make both of them acknowledge their feelings and it could only be effective when they were face to face.
With that thought in his mind, he went to book his ticket.

____________

Mahi was sitting in the canteen when he got a call.
"Hello? Ms dhoni sir?"
"Yes, speaking."
"I am inspector Ramesh. Siddharth Singh wants to speak to you. He said he wants to speak to you face to face and that he has something important that he wants to tell you. It is of course your wish if you want to come or not."
"Thank you officer, I will come. Can I come now?"
"Yeah. Will see you there." With this the officer ended the call.

It was a dumb move, mahi knew that. But his gut feeling was telling him to meet him and playing cricket these many years, he always did what his gut feeling told him.

Just then he saw Sonu coming towards him.
"I am going out." Mahi told him.
"Where are you going?" Sonu asked getting worried.
"Just to meet an old friend." Mahi lied not wanting to give him more tension that he already had taken because of him.

"Should I come?"
"No, it's okay. You stay here with them."
Sonu nodded, hesitant.
"If you need anything, call me." He said.
Mahi nodded. "Don't worry so much. I will come within one hour."

Sonu nodded and mahi went away. He wore glasses and cap that Sonu had brought some time before to cover themselves and after finding an auto, he went towards the police station.

He asked a police officer to tell him where inspector Ramesh was and he showed him the way.

"Sir, he has come to meet you." The other officer informed inspector Ramesh.

"Please, sit." The inspector said not recognising mahi.
Mahi sat down and removed his cap and glasses.
"I am here to meet siddharth."
"Oh, mahi sir. Ok, this way please."

Mahi followed the inspector towars the cell where he was kept. It was a little isolated than other cells.

"Open it." The inspector said to the guard who was keeping watch. He nodded and opened the cell.

Two other guards went inside with mahi as was the procedure.

Siddharth smiled evilly as soon as he saw mahi.