Ch-25 A promise made

Yuvi got the call from the people he knew he would get.
He went outside the hospital room and picked it up.

"Yuvi, what's happening?" All the three spoke over each other, their voice filled with worry and confusion.

Yuvi decided it was better to tell them everything. So he told the whole story about how he discovered that mahi was innocent, how he and sonu made a plan to prove him innocent, but they discovered that mahi already knew the culprit and then the kidnapping of virat and rohit and how they went to rescue them.

There was silence for a long time on the other hand.
"You guys there?" Yuvi couldn't help but ask.

"Yeah..yeah." dada was the first to break the silence. "It's just.."
He had no words to describe what he was feeling. Regret..remorse..anger..
disappointment..frustration..

"What have we done?" This time it was sachin paji. "How will we ever face him?"

"We can't..we can't. Not after what we have done ." Rahul bhai said, his voice trembling.

"No, but I have to see him. Anyhow." Dada said, determined. "We have to meet him and ask..beg for forgiveness. There's no other way."

"But I can't face him."

"So will you never go to him, jammy? Will you never meet him?"

"I..I don't know. I need some time. I will talk to you all later." With that he ended the call.

As he was trying to process what he had done, he suddenly remembered an incident, when mahi was still new to the team and he had made a promise to him.

It had been a few months since mahi had made his debut. But he still had not opened upto others.

"You are so useless." Dada barged in the room with Sachin behind him, and who was frowning.

"How is it my fault if he doesn't even look at me properly let alone talk?" Sachin paji asked in disbelief.

"Like I said, useless." Dada said.
Sachin paji glared at him.
Rahul Bhai sighed. "What happened now?"

"I gave him one task. Just one task. Make mahi talk and open up. He can't even do that." Dada complained.

"Is it's so simple, then why don't you do it?" Sachin paji asked.

"You're his childhood idol, anyone would want to talk to their idol."

"Well his mind doesn't work like that, he tries to run away as soon as he sees me."

"Some idol you are." Dada mumbled.
Sachin paji smirked. "just say you are jealous."

Dada was about to retort but rahul Bhai stopped them. "Stop, stop, stop." He said. "Listen, I know it's been a few months and other juniors had opened up by this time, but let's give him space. He's a little different, more reserved, so we just have to be a little patient."

"Of course, you would know all about that." Dada said. "You were also like him and still are." He turned to sachin paji. "We should listen to him."

Rahul Bhai shook his head. "So just give him space and give me space also." He added pointing towards the door. "I have to call vijeta."

____________

One month passed and still no improvement. Mahi was just not opening upto them like any other kid would have by this time. And they were doing everything they could.

"Are we doing something wrong?" Dada asked jammy Bhai as they were practicing fielding and sachin paji had just come and informed that his another attempt also failed.