Freedom

" CC, a time yuh get up, you know pon a sunday you fi get up early cause you cah late fi sunday school!"

I sighed. God and I need to come to some sort of compromise  with our relationship. He already got Monday, Wednesday, sometimes Thursday and always Fridays. its the start of the weekend, why do I need to be at church on a Friday.

"Pitney yuh nuh move outa d bed yet!?"

" I'm up

I  grumbled under my breath. I stood and stretch my 4ft 11" of a curvy body and jiggled my belly fat to finish waking up my entire system. I do this every morning, just to remind myself that I'm still fat and did not loose any weight while sleeping.

I rushed through my breakfast of banana porridge and a boil egg and washed it down with some ginger tea. I was looking forward to today's church service, only because today would be the day, my mom will announce I'm off for big girl school.

University.

I thought this day would never come. Don't get me wrong, I love my country side living and enjoyed my years at one of the top school, not only in the country but in the Caribbean, but  I felt I had just outgrown my community. everything in my community is still stuck in the 90s. there no supermarkets, only corner shops, we have a stand pipe and the end of community that everybody use, even if they paying Water Commission. there are 3 churches in the community and fortunately I go to the Sunday one. the other two are Seventh Day Adventist and a Baptist church. 

Between those three churches, there are not much sinners in the community and if they are, they have to hide and go to the neighboring community in the dead of the night.  Everybody, from the baby weh just born, to the rammy that's gonna be curried, next week to celebrate us going off to university, was baptized. 

Plus, I have a dark secret,

And I'm planning on using my time in university to see if I can scratch this itch, or get rid of it all together. I feel God and I, will be having a rocky relationship in the near future. 

I quickly showered and got dressed in my youth choir uniform, since it was Youth Sunday. I hated Youth Sunday, solely because its when I have to fake my extroverted personality and either do the devotion, or pray. I prefer to be an usher, cause I don't get to interact with my church members.

I waited outside and took some snaps, while I waited on my Mom to finish getting my 2 younger siblings ready. my 2 youngers siblings are like 4 years apart. why she went and have more after me is beyond me, worst she made the same mistake three times in the form of our father.  That man should get father of the year, the way how we only see him every 3 years or if he remembered he had children. 

My mom told me they were never like this, there was love and things were going well, until he started traveling. Then she got pregnant and things just went downhill, but she always go back, hoping he would change.

Pssh, we are talking about men here.

Now at the age of 49, she's a single mom with a 22 yr old, a 16 yr old and a 12yr old. If that's what God have for me, He can keep it.

" CC you gonna drive, I have on my Versace Safety Pin Pumps and I cant bodda to bend and take off and put on, they are delicate yuh know"

I didn't mind, cause i need the practice since I'll be the one driving me and my best friend through the busy streets of Kingston when we leave for University. speaking of, I texted Brittani, letting her know we are on our way to church.

I met Brittani in 4th form during P.E Class. Even though it was an all girl school, Brittani was shy to change infront of the other girls, because her breasts were a size 38D. The other girls were making snide remarks about her boobs and I marched over and send,