Prologue

"This damn asshole nuh see traffic jam up" I angrily muttered under my breath. I was back in the sweltering heat of Kingston, the familiar stench that coats its atmosphere was like a signal to let everyone know you have reach the capital.

I was stuck in a bumper to bumper traffic on duhaney park road, coming back to spend my half of the holidays with my best friend. I left country with promises of coming back before the new school term start so that I could have some extra real food to stock up on. My mom was a little miffed that I left after Boxing Day, she doesn't like when we don't ring in the new year not under the Lord's roof. I assured her that Brittani and I will be at our local college church to ensure that our souls are on the roster for the new year.

I just have to convince Brittani to do that. I used be afraid of not ringing in the new year at church, somehow if you were anywhere but a church when the clock strikes 12, the angels noted it and you'll have bad luck for the entire year. Now I'm just happy to survive the festivities without injuries or drama. I had a few more days to make certain of that.

Just as the light turned green, my stereo lit up with a call from Brittani. The last time we spoke, I told her I was just entering Kingston.

"Gyal how far you deh now?"

"Mi nuh just tell u seh mi entering Kingston? A bay traffic pon di road."

"Lawd you nah reach yah so fi now then"

I rolled my eyes, Brittani was never one to wait on anybody.

"And mi know yah roll you eyes at me, mi wi jook dem out when yuh reach enuh" she laughed.

Before I could hit her with a retort, her background became noisy with lighter and shuffling, I heard her name being called in the background.

"All the same tek yuh time cause Shameil and Noah decide fi bring dem rest a man friend fi come noise up e place and they planning on hitting clubs later so  tek yuh time yah"

I drowned out the rest of Brittani rambling the moment I heard who else was there. After that text, Noah and I have barely exchanged words with each other. He's sent me a Christmas message n I replied with thanks and same to you. he's been lurking on the gram and status, liking posts and thing but so far has not been making any moves.

One time I posted a pic I took with an old friend of mine , his hands wrapped around my waist and my head was leaning on his shoulder. We joked how we looked like an old married couple and he suggested I post it to my insta story, betting I'd get some guys riled up. I only had one in mine when I posted it and he did took the bait.

His reply, " a bay fuckery you keep up enuh, keep at it Candace", he stop watching my stories all of three days. He was back yesterday and I know he watched my recent where I took a video selfie before leaving country.

How convenient that's he's gonna be where I'm planning to lay my head for the next week.

"Girl? Miss? A weh y do put me on mute bitch?"

"A dat mi should a do"

Brittani let out a gasp and then laugh out loud.

" see cause mi want you here in one piece fi mash u up, I'll let you go"

"Lol later" and with that she hung up. 

A gas station quick stop and a number 9 at burger king later, I pulled up to the gate of where I'm sure drama will take place for the next couple of days. I had already mentally physic myself to prepare to deal with Noah. It's certainly  not a coincidence that he came and I wanted to hope so badly that that damn diamond bitch wasn't up his ass but a girl can hope.

I was calling Brittani back, to let her know that I was at the gate, but the gate suddenly opened. Seems not everybody was out getting shit faced after all. The drive up was scenic and lush with palm trees lining the driveway up to the house which just so happens to be on a hill. I parked and got out, grabbing my bag from the trunk. I followed the ruckus to the kitchen. Some girl was on the island twerking in a bikini and guys throwing money and liquor on her.

I saw that this was THAT kind of weekend. oh brother.

I heard squeal and seconds later a body barreled into me.

" Bitch why yu neva call mi, I wanted to meet you out front" Brit shouted over Ronzdon music. I rolled my eyes and pulled her away from the noise and made our way upstairs, assuming that's were the bedrooms are. I could tell Britt was on her way to being a complete drunk by the way she kept stumbling over her own feet. I really don't think we should be out here so far from a hospital or just people. 

" Mi a mek yu know from now d dutty bitch deh yah too but before you get upset, mek dem explain why cause its serious babe"

I huffed, throwing open the first door I came across and stepping in. The California king bed took up most of the room but it had a killer balcony over looking the Kingston harbor. I saw that another suitcase was here but I didn't care cause I was already planning to get rid of whoever. I want this room for myself. And it has its own en suite bathroom? hell yes.

" yu hear weh mi seh?" Britt asked, leaning on the bed post cause obviously she was not sober enough.

"Yuh know yu cah keep yu liquor and yet yu still drink? mi never come ere fi nurse yu enuh" I deflected the question. I was starting to get irritated by her pleading on Noah's behalf and the fact that she was already tipsy.

" How yuh even know bout me n Noah?" I grumbled. I was keeping Britt in the dark about me linking with Noah but it seems she knew all along, should have known, she's fucking his best friend.

" Member him n Shameil a bestie C so of course I knew. I was hurt you didn't come to me bout it, you kept it from me for so long i had to hear bout it from somebody else."

I sighed, pulled Brittani on the bed. " I didn't say anything because I was a bit ashamed about the whole get up of the relationship- if I can even call it that. truth is, there're somethings you don't know about me Brit and I just was never ready and still not ready for you know that part of me yet cause I'm still sorting through it. I'm sorry for not saying anything thou."

The one time I witnessed Brit drunk, was when we ran a frog over on our way home, she couldn't stop crying about it so it shouldn't have come as no surprise when she suddenly burst into tears, hugging me.

" C yah mi girl fi life enuh, even when you have weird things bout you, I'd never judge you- unless yah mek Noah piss pon yuh" she spit out while crying and laughing. I pushed her off me and we both fell back on the bed laughing. I was glad to finally get that off my chest and now that Brit knows what's up, I can breathe a lil bit easier.

I got up and search for some aspirin and a glass to bring it to Brit cause I needed her to be semi sober for when we have to go downstairs again. 

'Here drink" I pushed the cup into her hand and watched as she fling back the pills and drink the entire cup. We sat in comfortable silence before I broke it again.

" weh yuh did mean when yuh seh I should listen to what dem have to say in regards to Dior?"

" girl that's a whole drama but its a sad one and it have to do with her family. When you hear the full story, yuh can at least try fi understand  why Noah is a bit protective of her, just get the story before you carry out any plans to throw her over the balconies please"

If Noah managed to win over my best friend, I was in more shit that initially thought. I don't care for the reason, I just don't want it to have anything to do with me. Since I'm gonna be cooped up here with them anyways, might as well I get the full story. Even if it is a sad story, I'll still dislike the bitch. I'm making sure Britt is on board too.

" come on lets go back downstairs and get to shaking our ass please" Brittani hauled me out the room.