Bitter

Weeks later

there comes a time when a girl starts to see what her worth is. for some, it's a beautiful awakening, like a phoenix rising. for others like me, it's more of a rude awakening, like a loud shrilling alarm and flashlights, and you're fucking confused.

my rude awakening started a week before my last finals. Since that night, Noah and I have been sneaking and fooling around in the nights and in the mornings, I'm face-deep in books with my best friend, studying. Brittani does not know and I want to keep it that way. It's not that I am ashamed of what's happening but it's more along the lines of just keeping my business to myself.

Dior still comes around but I mostly ignore her, which she seems to hate, but makes me all the happier. although she's cordial, she still does a little snide remark here and there, but Brittani is always there, tit for tat. I am more of the action-over-word type of girl, tongue lashing is not my forte.

the first sign of me questioning my worth is when Brittani drops the L bomb during one of our sessions.

" Mi seh girl mi tink mi in love!" she gushed

" Every other day you fall, cah badda wid yuh enuh" I laughed. it was a regular thing for Brittani to become infatuated easily and just as regular to fall out of it.

"No like I'm being for real. I think I love Shameil"

Honestly, I was not surprised. I could see the difference in my best friend since she started hanging out with Shameil. She smiles more and she looks radiant.

First sign.

"So what you gonna do about it now," I asked.

"Well actually now that you mention it, I have something to tell you, I won't be spending Christmas with you this year. Shameil book a week-long vacation at Sandals Negril, you know the adult version and I'm so excited!" she practically squealed.

Now, I am happy that my friend is getting this kind of treatment as she should.

But I am jealous. I've been jealous since Shameil sent her flowers during a lecture, which cause an uproar and she even got featured on the Instagram page where he bought the flowers. not to mention the lavish gifts he sends her just because.

Sis was living her best life- and I was bitter about it. I am jealous of my own best friend.

Brittani deserved all the good things happening to her at this moment, especially since her last relationship was a major fuck up and not having her daddy around often, she sometimes gets carried away with her daddy issues

"Girl I happy fi yuh and badmind same time!" I chuckled.

"Girl mi happy fi mi self. I don't know but there is something about him that just mek mi..." she trailed off, falling on my bed with a dramatic sigh.

How can I hate on a girl that's getting what she deserved?

"So you and you lil friend?" Brittani leveled her eyes at me, with a devious grin.

" Which lil friend that now?" I held her stare.

We had a standoff, both of us grinning but no one made the move to break the tension.

" Girl mi know you still ride Noah big dick, yuh figet seh Shameil a him best friend?" she burst out laughing.

I knew it was only a matter of time before she found out and truthfully I wanted the excuse to end things.

"I know you like peculiar things, but do you think it's worth what Noah is putting you through? and before you ask, I notice yall's tense interactions in public. Is like he hates you but tolerates you and you just tek whatever scraps he throws at you'

Truthfully, I've been feeling slightly annoyed at our public interactions, whenever we are sharing the same space, Noah acts oblivious to my presence, centering all his attention on Dior and she makes a big deal out of it. The first and the last time I brought it up, Noah only said,

"the fuck you so sensitive about attention for, since you want some.." and then spent the next 5 hours paying undivided attention to my pussy, milking me for everything before tying me to his headboard and fucked every other question out of my drained body.

I should have been more adamant.

The fact Brittani sees our interaction for the way it is made my stomach turn. I needed to take control of the situation with Noah before shit hits the fan.

"We done anyways so no more of those sad interactions will you witnessed again," I said tersely. I didn't mean to use that tone but I was just angry at myself for allowing it to get this far.

"Jeezam Candz I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I just hate seeing you being treated like shit when you're so much more"

Tears prickled my eyes but I refused to let them fall, I didn't want her to see how badly her words affected me.

Her phone broke the tense silence and as she answered, probably Shameil, I decide to text Noah, to set some boundaries.

me: I can't meet up tonight, and there need to be some ground rules with our situations.

the text showed as delivered and I anxiously waited for a reply, I started to clean up, just to bid time

"Babe you know I love you and only the best for you cause yah Good Gyal and Gyal fi get d world!" Brittani jumped on me, hugging me tightly. I returned it because I know she only has good intentions.

" Gone to mi man, lata and doh text d jancrow!" and with that, Brittani exited my room, slamming the door.

I already did bitch, too late.

my phone pinged and I dive onto the bed to read the message.

Noah: We couldn't meet up either ways, I'm gonna be off the campus for the week.

Ok, so when would he have broken the news seeing it was already evening? I huff, waiting on his reply to the other part of my text. when five minutes passed and I realized he was never going to reply I texted.

me: we still need to discuss the ground rules for what we doing

my phone pinged.

Noah: we don't need ground rules for fucking, stop overthinking

me: I' m not overthinking, and yes there need to be some, cause you can't just move from fucking me tied up against your bedhead, and when in public you treat me like shit

Noah: because I don't talk to you that's me treating you like shit? Candice, I don't have time for this nonsense, all we doing is fucking, I told you what I was about and you agreed so stop acting like this shit is brand new. When I come back we can continue this convo.

me: I rather we continue now.

the text only had one tick and I knew the dutty shit turned off his wifi.

fuck him. fuck men.