Chapter 43

Jin Yang finally learned that when a person was too happy, they could not speak.

He looked at the young girl in front of him. A long time later, he said, "Jiu Jiu, I am very happy today because you accepted my proposal."

Gu Ru Jiu felt faint guilt—because she could not return the other's emotions in equal measure. So the more serious Jin Yang was, the more insecure she felt.

"Your Majesty, I..." Gu Ru Jiu was going to speak but Jin Yang stopped her.

He carefully took her hand, as though he feared frightening her. He held her hand loosely, not daring to use much force. "I am very happy that Jiu Jiu is willing to marry me." So, do not say some words.

Gu Ru Jiu's right hand patted Jin Yang's hand that held her left hand through the handkerchief. "Your Majesty, I understand."

Jin Yang smiled. He pulled and wrapped Gu Ru Jiu's hand in his. They had a long time in the future. He still had many opportunities.

Bai Xian looked at His Majesty and County Princess Changyan's inappropriate conduct, and buried his head. However, he felt reassured.

County Princess Changyan as empress was a good thing to him. Disregarding everything else, at least he was familiar with County Princess Changyan. This was better than misses from other aristocratic families entering the palace.

He Ming was more shocked than Bai Xian, and even showed a surprised expression. He had known long ago that His Majesty treated County Princess Changyan well, and would think of her in all matters. But he thought that was only due to the empress dowager's affection for County Princess Changyan, so His Majesty treated her especially well. Who knew that His Majesty had romantic feelings towards County Princess Changyan?

No wonder His Majesty dared to drink the tea that County Princess Changyan gifted without hesitation and he never called himself Zhen in front of her.

Thinking of how he had once accidentally offended County Princess Changyan, He Ming felt waves of regret. If he had known that His Majesty had such deep feelings towards County Princess Changyan, he would not have made such a mistake.

He turned to glance at Bai Xian. He had been puzzled before why Old Fox Bai Xian was as obedient as a grandson in front of County Princess Changyan. So he had seen this, and was gaining favour with the future empress.

Feeling that he had lost, He Ming became more wary of Bai Xian. He had finally climbed to his present position and could not let Bai Xian steal it away.

Gu Ru Jiu and Jin Yang did not sit for long in the pavilion. The sky suddenly darkened, and a wild wind rose like it was about to storm.

"Your Majesty, the weather has changed. Let's return." Gu Ru Jiu saw the wind carry up the bamboo leaves. She thought of how Jin Yang's body could not be rained on, and said, "Tomorrow, I will accompany you to drink tea."

"Jiu Jiu, remember your words." Jin Yang smiled and stood up. He walked next to Gu Ru Jiu and blocked the wind from reaching her. "Let's go."

Gu Ru Jiu was slightly speechless. Other than drinking tea, could he not think of anything else?

But the heavens were not good. Not long after they left the pavilion, the rain started coming down.

"Ah." Gu Ru Jiu wiped the rain drops from her forehead and turned to look at the beautiful youth in brocade robes and a jade coronet. She ignored etiquette, and grabbed his sleeve. "Your Majesty, come with me."

Jin Yang saw Gu Ru Jiu about to start running and a faint smile appeared. He grabbed her hand and pulled her in the direction of Luanhe Palace.

Clap, clap, clap.