Chapter 90

Jin Yang did not hear any of the calls by his ears. His mind was occupied by the person in the delivery room. Everything in the surroundings was not in his sight, nor in his hearing.

Someone seemed to stop him, and he kicked the other away. He only wanted to go in and see Jiu Jiu. Why were these people stopping him?

"Your Majesty, you cannot—Your Majesty!" He Ming did not dare to let Jin Yang charge in. He went to hug the other's leg, and was kicked aside.

"Move away!" Jin Yang looked with red eyes at the palace attendants blocking him. He said, "If anyone dares to block Zhen, Zhen will kill you without mercy."

"Your Majesty..." Bai Xian knelt in front of him and kowtowed. "Her Majesty will not want Your Majesty to be like this."

Jin Yang paused in his steps and looked dazedly at the room. He walked to the doorway. Thinking of Bai Xian's words, his hand stopped on the door.

"Ah!"

Jiu Jiu's cries of pain came from inside the room. His legs almost gave out, but Bai Xian managed to support him in time. "Your Majesty, please take care. Her Majesty is a blessed person and both mother and child will be safe."

Pushing aside Bai Xian, he touched the jade pendant hanging from his neck with trembling hands. His vision was blurred. He did not want people to see him like this. After closing his eyes for a long time, he opened his eyes and said, "Bring cold tea."

"Your Majesty, the spring is cold..." Bai Xian wallowed his words under Jin Yang's murderous gaze, turning and presenting a cup of cold tea.

Ever since Jin Yang entered, Empress Dowager Zhou did not say anything. After Jin Yang took a few gulps of tea, she said, "Emperor, even if you are worried, you cannot do anything."

"Mother-Empress." Jin Yang saw that Empress Dowager Zhou was also in the outer room. He looked around and did not see his mother-in-law.

"Mistress Yang is inside with Jiu Jiu. As a mother, one will only be reassured if they are with their child." Empress Dowager Zhou knew that Jin Yang could not calm down, and did not urge him to calm down, as she knew saying so was of no use.

Seeing Jin Yang like this, she suddenly thought of the previous emperor. They were both emperors of the Jin Clan, but the difference between them was like that between heaven and earth. Back when she had given birth, she had been in pain for a day and night. The previous emperor was even able to eat and sleep well, not to mention being as anxious as Jin Yang.

She rejoiced that Jin Yang was like this. Otherwise, if her beloved niece took the same path as her, she could not die in peace.

"So painful! Ah!"

Jin Yang's hand shook, and the tea in his cup spilled out. He walked around the door. Hearing the cries grow more painful, he shoved his teacup into Bai Xian's hand and slapped the door. "Jiu Jiu, do not be afraid. I am outside.

"I am with you—do not be afraid."

Other than "do not be afraid," Jin Yang could say nothing else. He tapped the door, wanting Gu Ru Jiu to hear his voice and know he was present.

Gu Ru Jiu was in such pain her vision was blacking out. Hearing Jin Yang's voice, she could not help but say, "Jin Yang, you bastard!"

The hands of the midwives present shook. But seeing the empress flushed red and her head soaked with sweat, they bowed their heads and pretended not to hear.

Jin Yang nodded on the other side of the door. "Yes, yes, yes, I am a bastard. We will not give birth after this—no more." His voice started to tremble like he was the one giving birth and the one who was most afraid.