Chapter 80

Hearing the news, Gu Ru Jiu stilled, and turned to Jin Yang. As expected, she saw that he had a complicated expression, as though he had not yet digested the news.

She squeezed his hand. "Your Majesty?"

Jin Yang refocused. He said after a moment, "Official Sima served under three emperors. He has made great service to Great Feng. He will be buried with the honors of a second rank duke."

He Ming stood there, waiting for His Majesty's next words.

But His Majesty did not tell him more orders after this, and led the empress back to Purple Imperial Hall. He stilled, and then went to look at Bai Xian. "Bai Gonggong, what does His Majesty mean?"

"What could it mean? Do as His Majesty says." Bai Xian did not dare to touch the matters of the Sima Family any more. Seeing He Ming respectfully ask him, he was not happy, and said, "He Gonggong is a capable person, and can do things well."

He Ming almost rolled his eyes in anger. But he knew this was not the time to fight with Bai Xian. He hurriedly told His Majesty's orders to the Ministry of Rites, and the Secretariat.

There was a lot to take care of if it was to be a duke's burial.

"Chenjun, people will always have this day. "Gu Ru Jiu felt that Jin Yang's expression was not right, and comforted him. "Do not be too sad."

"I only feel it is a pity. Sima Hong was a rare talent." He was regretful. After he became the emperor, Sima Hong was already old, and no longer had the style of former years.

A good judge of talent came, but the ten thousand mile horse was already old. This was fate.

An incompetent emperor like the previous emperor met a good subject, but he did not have many people he was reassured by.

Gu Ru Jiu had not expected that Jin Yang was thinking like this. She gripped his hand hard.

Jin Yang smiled at her. "Do not worry, I am fine."

As the two talked, Gu Ru Jiu saw Jin Xiang come on patrol with the dragon guards. She could not help but say, "Chenjun, Official Sima is Vice Captain Jin's maternal grandfather. Let him go home early today."

Jin Yang had not thought of this, and nodded at Gu Ru Jiu's words.

##

Sima Hong was like the pillar of the Sima Family. After the pillar fell, the Sima Family lost the strength to fight the Li Family. Unless someone as talented as Sima Hong appeared among the Sima descendants, they would not be able to rival the Li Family anytime soon.

The Ping Prince Heiress Consort heard the news that her father had passed away, and her teacup fell to the ground. She looked, pale, at the servant girl who had reported. A moment later, she said, wiping her tears, " Prepare the carriage."

"Mother, do not hurry; I will come with you to Grandfather's home." Jin Xiang had heard the news and come back from the palace. Seeing his mother panicked, he helped her sit down. "Sit for a moment; this son will go change clothes."

"You cannot go." The Ping Prince Heiress Consort grabbed Jin Xiang's hand and looked at him with red eyes. "You have to remember that you are first His Majesty's dragon guard captain, and then a grandson of the Sima Family." As a daughter, she was sad at the death of her father, but she did not want her son to be affected.

Her son finally managed to get on the right path, and enter His Majesty's eyes. If he was implicated by the Sima Family and His Majesty disliked her son, then it would be more than a loss.

"Do not worry." Jin Xiang knew what she was thinking, and urged, "When I was patrolling, I encountered His Majesty and the empress. Her Majesty let me come back early."