Chapter 62

Gaoluo had fierce internal conflict due to the disappearance of the prime minister. A small number of people thought that Great Feng had done it, but when they said such a thing, they were suppressed.

Could something like this that could cause an international dispute be said rashly? They had no proof. The prime minister had disappeared within the Gaoluo borders. From the evidence left on the scene, this matter was caused by the party in conflict with the prime minister. Great Feng would not be willing to take the blame.

The Feng officials paid great attention to this matter. Even the generals on the border were in a state of high alert, as though if Gaoluo dared to invade, they would counterattack.

With the borders in a tense state, the court was not much better. The cause was the Qingbei military commissioner Wei Ting accusing the Qingbei General of selling the country.

Wei Ting was of the new nobility and talented. After receiving Sima Hong's appreciation, he was recommended to the previous emperor. Later, because Consort Wei had the previous emperor's favour, the previous emperor also put importance on Wei Ting and promoted him all the way to Qingbei military commissioner.

Not long after his promotion, the previous emperor died from sickness. With the support of the Sima Family, Wei Ting remained stable in his position. If he hadn't jumped out to accuse Zhao Jin, Jin Yang had not planned on touching him.

Zhao Jin was different from Wei Ting. Zhao Jin was truly from a poor family, but was a rare capable general. He became a third-rank general based on his military service and was stationed at Qingbei Prefecture.

The two did not dare to delay when they received the summons from the emperor. They hurried to travel to the capital, and reached it when it was just entering summer.

"General Zhao, please." Before entering the palace gates, Wei Ting turned and smiled at Zhao Jin, making a gesture of invitation.

Zhao Jin had a furious and irritated expression. But at the foot of the Son of Heaven, he did not dare to speak crudely. He only took off his sword and handed it to the guard at the Vermillion Bird Gates. Then he stepped in without a look at Wei Ting.

"Ha!" Wei Ting saw this, snorted, and followed.

The two walked, one after the other. The eunuch leading the way kept his head down, not saying a word to the pair. Zhao Jin could not get a measure of the emperor's thoughts.

He was a third-rank Anbei general, and rarely returned to the capital since being stationed at Qingbei Prefecture. He had never met the emperor alone. He did not have many connections in the capital, so he did not understand the emperor's personality well.

He knew, compared to Wei Ting who had the support of the Sima Family, he would likely have more misfortune than good fortune on his trip this time. But even so, he needed to tell the emperor about this matter. Regardless of whether the emperor believed, at least he would have a clear conscience, and he hoped that this would not affect his family.

They all said that the emperor was benevolent. He hoped the emperor was as benevolent as the rumors said and would let his family keep their lives.

"Anbei General, Military Commissioner, we have almost reached Qiankun Palace." The eunuch stopped walking and finally spoke to the pair. "This one must first offend Officials."

"Of course." Wei Ting knew that they were not close officials to the Son of Heaven. If they had to meet the emperor, they would have to be searched first to prevent them from carrying weapons.

Because both were third-rank important officials, the ones searching them were the dragon guard. After the search, the guards bowed to the pair to apologize and then retreated to the side.