Chapter 82

It had been almost a month since Gu Ru Jiu fainted, and she almost forgot about it. But Jin Yang and the people serving her were all careful, as though she was a fragile item. Jin Yang, who usually let her do as she pleased, even started to control her food.

"Ignore me." Gu Ru Jiu fanned herself hard. She did not want to fight Jin Yang, but there was a ball of fire burning inside her. So she sat in the corner and did not want to see Jin Yang.

Seeing her angry, Jin Yang urged, "Do not be angry; it is not good for you to eat so much ice."

"It was fine last month, so why is it not good this month?" Gu Ru Jiu did not know what was going on with her. Something that she would smile over and let pass before was now something that she cared about very much. Even her temper was very hot. "Do not speak to me; I feel irritated just seeing you."

After saying this, Gu Ru Jiu sensed something was wrong. She covered her face, her voice tired. "I am sorry, I do not know what is going on. Recently..."

"I know that you are not in a good mood." Jin Yang saw that she was pale and did not care about what she had just said. He pulled her into his arms to pat her back, and eased her emotions.

"Your Majesties, the imperial physician has come to take Your Majesty's pulse." Qiu Luo came into the room, and found the air between His Majesty and Her Majesty was not right. She did not dare to say more.

"Have him come in." Jin Yang released Gu Ru Jiu, and bent down to look at Gu Ru Jiu who was seated on the couch. "Okay, do not be angry—what if the imperial physician sees your angry ugly state?"

"You are ugly!" Gu Ru Jiu gave a small smile. Then she held Jin Yang's hand, slightly apologetic. Inside, she was worried. What was going on with her? She was in such a bad temper recently.

A while ago when Jin Yang was also managing her food, she was not like this.

The imperial physician came in and bowed to the pair, trying to not look at the clasped hands of the emperor and empress.

Imperial Physician Zhao had been recently promoted. In the past, he was specialized in gynecology. He had wondered before, why did His Majesty need a physician in gynecology?

Today, the eunuch in charge of Qiankun Palace came to find him to take the empress' pulse. Then he understood. He could become an imperial physician not because of the emperor's needs, but the empress'.

The first time he saw the empress, the other was not as beautiful as he had imagined, but was very sweet. The dimples on her cheeks made her look pure and young, like a girl that should be held in the palm of the hand and protected. If she was sad at all, people would feel guilty.

The empress, the first one to live in Qiankun Palace in history, was a person that people could not dislike after seeing her.

"You are new?" Gu Ru Jiu saw that this imperial physician was in his thirties. He was much younger than the other imperial physicians. "I have not seen you before."

"Your Majesty, this subject was transferred a few days ago," Imperial Physician Zhao said respectfully, his head bowed. "Please stretch out your right hand."

When the empress stretched out her hand, he saw a white wrist with a jade bangle that had an interwoven pattern. He did not know how much effort it would take to make a jade bangle into a twisted vine style, so thin and delicate. The empress wore it beautifully.

Gu Ru Jiu saw Imperial Physician Zhao staring at her bangle, and then realized that the bangle was on her wrist and would affect him taking her pulse, so she moved the bangle up.