Chapter 85

Gu Ru Jiu did not say anything wrong. After she got pregnant, some of the palace maids started to have thoughts. Those who secretly sent glances, pretended to be pitiful, and tried to show themselves different from the rest.

In the face of great benefit, anyone would display great potential. Gu Ru Jiu never dared to underestimate any person—whether as noble as a grand princess, or as lowly as an eunuch. Those people each had their own interests, therefore none of their actions could be dismissed.

"Your Majesty, do you want to meet that palace maid?" Qiu Luo saw that Gu Ru Jiu did not have a good expression, and thought that she was angry. She hurriedly said, "If you want to meet her, this servant will have them bring her."

"No need." Gu Ru Jiu touched her slightly raised belly. "He Ming did well on this." Right now, what was most important was not whether these palace maids had ambition, but whether Jin Yang had a clear attitude.

Jin Yang did not disappoint Gu Ru Jiu. Other than taking care of state matters, he kept Gu Ru Jiu company in Purple Imperial Hall all day. Because this was Gu Ru Jiu's first child, Jin Yang was extra cautious. He almost put Gu Ru Jiu into his pocket, and carried her with him all day.

When some palace maid tried to come near him, he was actually more nervous than Gu Ru Jiu. You ask him why?

What if Jiu Jiu was angry because of this, and the fetus was disturbed? Imperial Physician Zhao had said long ago that the first child of a woman was very important. If something happened, it would harm the woman's body greatly.

He did not care about other things, but he was very careful about Jiu Jiu's health. Because his own health was not good, he knew how bad the feeling of being ill was. He did not want Jiu Jiu to suffer as he usually did.

"Your Majesty, this subject thinks that this is not appropriate! Nobles should be punished the same as the common people."

"Your Majesty, although that is true, this..."

Jin Yang refocused, and saw two groups of people arguing below. This was about Young Master Zhou bullying others with his power, and injuring two scholars.

The Zhou Family was the empress dowager's paternal family. While they had been incompetent and muddle-headed in these years, they had never caused trouble. Who knew this young master was so confused this time that he beat up a scholar.

The most powerful thing about a scholar was their mouth. You hitting a scholar was akin to hitting the face of all scholars. No wonder these scholars at court were full of righteous anger and jumping up and down. If he did not know better, he would think that Young Master Zhou had beaten them.

After being the emperor for a few years, Jin Yang knew the personalities of the officials, and let them fight. In the end, he summoned Young Master Zhou to argue for himself.

Young Master Zhou was not skilled in the civil or military arts, but he had a good appearance. Adding on that the empress dowager was his aunt, he was not nervous when he came to court. He bowed respectfully to Jin Yang, and then spoke of the events.

"Originally, this subject just disliked them for speaking nonsense, and prepared to change places to eat, but then they directed their talk at the empress dowager and the empress. This subject was angry, and then fought them." Young Master Zhou was very direct. He was the heir to a marquis, and spoiled from childhood. He did not care how many people he would offend with his words, and spoke directly.

Hearing that this was related to the empress dowager and the empress, Jin Yang frowned, and his gaze swept the civil officials that had bowed their heads and were pretending to be quails. He said gravely, "What did they say?"