Chapter 81

Seeing the imperial physician speak so vaguely, Jin Yang could not sit still, and asked, "What is going on with the empress?"

"Your Majesty, Her Majesty is fine. It is only that her pulse is slippery," the physician said. "But the signs are faint, and this subject is not sure."

"Slippery pulse?" Jin Yang stilled, and then realized what the "slippery pulse" the imperial physician spoke of was. He asked, "But even if she was pregnant, she should not have fainted. How is the empress' body?"

The imperial physicians were dumbstruck. In normal situations, should His Majesty not be happy he was having a child? There had been officials at court that admonished His Majesty to take consorts, and caused great anger. Wasn't all of this because of the matter of children?

"Take her pulse again. The empress' health is first." Jin Yang did want a child, but he had once read that it was very harmful to the body of a woman not yet sixteen to be pregnant. So right now, he was both happy and worried.

The imperial physicians saw the emperor was only concerned with how the empress was, and did not seem interested in the empress possibly being pregnant. So they could only take turns taking the empress' pulse.

After they took her pulse, they could not make up their minds. The empress' pulse did seem slippery, but when a woman's period was close, they would also have a pulse like this. So they did not dare to rashly make conclusions.

The imperial physician who had said first that the empress may be pregnant saw the emperor was concerned with the empress and sighed in relief inside. Fortunately, the emperor was most concerned with the empress, and not the child. Otherwise, if the empress was not pregnant and the emperor had been happy for nothing, he would not have good days.

Seeing the imperial physicians have hesitant expressions, Jin Yang did not make it difficult for them. "Focus on treating the empress. As for the child... all up to fate."

"Yes." The imperial physicians sighed in relief, and became more careful when treating the empress.

Gu Ru Jiu felt that she was having a very good sleep.. When she opened her eyes, she found that the patterns on the bed hangings were much more beautiful than usually.

"Your Majesty, you are awake?" Qiu Luo saw Gu Ru Jiu wake up, and smiled, her eyes turning red. She turned and said, "Quick, go report to His Majesty that Her Majesty is awake."

"What is going on with you?" Maybe because she had slept for so long, Gu Ru Jiu felt that her head was slightly dizzy, and she was very hungry. She took the porridge that a palace maid handed her and started to eat.

"Your Majesty, you were asleep for a day and night." Qiu Luo saw the empress energetic, and sighed in relief inside, helping Gu Ru Jiu eat. Seeing the porridge quickly disappear, Qiu Luo wanted to say something, but then heard hurried footsteps behind her.

"Jiu Jiu!" Jin Yang panted as he supported himself with a hand on the door frame. His face was unusually red. It could be seen that he had run over at full speed.

"Chenjun." Gu Ru Jiu swallowed her porridge, and seeing Jin Yang in such a rush, could not help but say, "I am fine..."

Before she finished speaking, Jin Yang came in front of her like a gust of wind.

"Does your head hurt?"

"Are you uncomfortable breathing?"

"Is any part of your body in discomfort?"

Gu Ru Jiu held the bowl and saw Jin Yang ask over and over like an old woman. She said with a smile, "I am fine. My head does not hurt, my breathing is smooth, and there is no part of me in discomfort. I am just a bit hungry."