Chapter 98

Part 1

This was his wedding banquet, his second wedding banquet.

He smiled as he drank the wine the guests toasted, dealing with their teasing as he worried about the woman waiting in his wedding rooms.

Everyone saw his lack of attention, and knew he was worried about his bride. They teased him and toasted him a few more rounds before finally letting him go.

Leaving the hall, he felt the night wind come at him. His slightly tipsy mind immediately cleared.

The miss of the Wu Family was nine years younger than him, and in his mind, had been an innocent girl with a bit of a temper. He had never thought that this girl had romantic feelings towards him, and never married because of him.

From fifteen years old to twenty-four years old, how many nine years did each person have in their lifetime?

The cold came, and the heat left. Chen shi had passed away for more than ten years. The orange tree they had planted together had died and withered long ago, only leaving behind a rotten stump to prove it had once existed in the courtyard.

"Heir?" The servant girl holding the lantern saw Gu Zhi Yu suddenly stop and stopped as well.

Gu Zhi Yu glanced in the direction of the courtyard, and then looked away, putting his hands behind his back and exhaling. "Let's go."

He lifted the veil to reveal Miss Wu's beautiful face. When he accidentally touched her with the tips of his fingers, coolness spread from his hand to his heart.

He stood up and took one of his cloaks to put over her. Then he took the two wine goblets from the table and put one in her hand.

The candlelight was warm. Their arms crossed, and twined together.

A few days later, Wu Dong Yun followed Yang shi into the palace to see the empress. She was close in age to the empress, but during her childhood, she had a temper and was not very close to the empress. So before entering the palace, she had thought of all kinds of possibilities. But the reality was the empress was very gentle, and even mentioned a few things from their childhood.

More than a decade had passed, but when they mentioned past matters, it was like it had been yesterday.

Time was a cruel and beautiful thing. It made the joyful times gradually fade away, and also had people, as time passed, get what they desired.

She was no longer young, but she married the man she had secretly liked for almost a decade.

That perfect young master who had been very far from her finally became her husband, her other half. She had not waited in vain these years.

When Wu Dong Yun left Qiankun Palace, Gu Ru Jiu gave her many things, and spoke of many of her husband's preferences and habits.

"Eldest Brother is gentle, and if Eldest Sister-in-law is unhappy about anything, just tell him, and do not have any worries." The empress held her hand and saw her off to the gates of Qiankun Palace.

"Your Majesty, do not worry." She had loved him for many years, and did not bear for him to be sad.

"Eldest Sister-in-law." When she was preparing to leave, the empress called her.

She turned and found Gu Ru Jiu's eyes were red, seeming both joyful and sad.

In the end Gu Ru Jiu said nothing, just patted her hand, and then turned back with a smile.

Returning home, she mentioned this to her husband in confusion. But her husband only smiled and shook his head.

"Do not overthink. Jiu Jiu... Her Majesty just hopes that we will live well." Gu Zhi Yu patted the top of her head and took out a box of pastries from a drawer to give to her.