Chapter 92

Li Guang Ji did not expect His Majesty to mention Wu shi, and took a long time to answer. "Your Majesty, my wife is just a woman; it is likely not appropriate for her to come."

"How is it not appropriate?" Jin Yang waved his hand, and clearly ignored Li Guang Ji's words. "Regarding such a thing concerning children, a mother will know more."

He glanced at the people of the court, and said, "This matter is settled—the court is ended."

The officials looked with some regret at Li Guang Ji and His Majesty. They had wanted to stay and watch the spectacle. But His Majesty seemed to want to protect Li Guang Ji's face. Even though they wanted to watch, they had no opportunity.

Li Guang Ji was covered in a cold sweat, and left with a dark expression. He suddenly remembered back when he had been laughing at Sima Hong. Now, he just found it ironic. Right now, what was the difference between him and Sima Hong?

He did not understand. He had done things so carefully back then. Even Wu shi had not noticed it. So why was it exposed now?

And Prince Rui...

The more he thought, the more he felt something was not right. None of the people who helped him back then were alive now. How could the dead speak?

Who else would know what had happened back then?

Just as Li Guang Ji was confused, He Ming walked next to him. "Prime Minister Li, His Majesty invites you to the imperial study."

Li Guang Ji felt his heart shake slightly. He looked with suspicion at He Ming. Back when Sima Hong had passed from illness, he had deliberately stopped the news from passing into the palace, and made the outside world feel that His Majesty disliked the Sima Family. The emperor neglected the Sima Family, so he had only reacted nearly a day after Sima Hong's passing.

That way, the people who had originally been on the side of the Sima Family would feel more terrified, and switch allegiance to the Li Family.

Once this matter started, the emperor sent people to protect the accuser. He himself did not even see that person's shadow. Now, the emperor was summoning him to the imperial study. Was he going to try this case now?

Although suspicious, Li Guang Ji did not dare to show it on his face. Who in the court did not know that He Ming was His Majesty's most useful eunuch, and even Bai Xian who had been by His Majesty's side had been pushed down?

When he came to the imperial study, he saw that Zhang Zhong Han, who was in charge of the case, was also present.

"This subject greets Your Majesty." Li Guang Ji went forward and bowed to Jin Yang.

"Official Li does not have to be so polite." Jin Yang nodded at him, and then indicated for him to sit down.

Li Guang Ji sat down next to Zhang Zhong Han. The two nodded at each other, but they did not speak.

The room was very quiet. Li Guang Ji only saw His Majesty writing something on the memorandum, and not having any intentions of speaking. He was irritated, but he could not speak up to ask. After a while, palace maids came with fresh pastries, but he had no appetite at all. Sitting next to him, Zhang Zhong Han started to drink tea and eat pastries. He heard the sound of the other using the lid to scrape the tea foam, and felt even more anxious.

After about half an hour, the tea by Li Guang Ji's side had cooled. Jin Yang finally spoke. "Officials, please wait a few moments."

Wait?

Wait for who?

Li Guang Ji had a bad feeling, but he could not see any emotions from His Majesty's face.