chapter twelve

Luciano and I have reached a mutual understanding between us so as to have a healthy friendship and working with him for the past week was calm and easy.

I'm getting ready for my date with Edward,I don't know if I should call it that but I'm nervous. I remember my first date with Nick, there you go Lotus thinking about someone who's sipping on wine right now. Just enjoy life.

Luciano no longer talks to me and when he does it's work related, I wish he could though even if it's to argue with me. I sigh as I put on my yellow sundress and some sandles. I make my way down stairs and find my Dad, Liam,Enzo and Luciano in the living room. Wait Luciano? When did he get here.

I can't believe this,dad is acting like I'm a sixteen year old.

"Enzo they got you in on this as well?,do you know how ridiculous you guys are acting right now",I say as I make my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I don't know why I keep drinking water when I'm peeing like crazy.

"I have to make sure the man who's taking my daughter on a date is a responsible young man!",my dad yells from the living room which makes Marie and Katherine laugh.

The door bell rings and Liam rushes to open it"my mom isn't going anywhere",he says.

"Liam behave yourself honey",I say as I walk up to the door. I see Edward looking as dashing as ever with his hair slicked back. He's wearing a white dress shirt that he has the sleeves folded to his elbows and black pants. He looks good. I give him a hug and he smiles good as well.

I tell him to come in and lead him to the living room where dad and the boys are sitting looking intimidating as ever. I roll my eyes and say "quit it you don't look scarey as you think".

" Have a sit son",my dad as and Edward and I sit on one of the couchs together"I know she's a grown woman but I want her how before 8 PM understood?",and Edward replies with a yes sir.

Luciano gets up from his seat and folds his arms, compared to Edward he's larger in build and a head taller."if it were up to me I wouldn't let you take her ,so bring her back safe and sound or you and I are gonna have some problems and trust me you don't want that do you?",he says. He actually sounds sexy,what am I thinking,focus lotus.

"Of course Mr Ricci,I bring her back safe and sound,lotus shall we?",we walk out the door and he leads me to his car and I get in.

"Where are we going?",I ask as the car starts moving.

" We're going on a picnic and what's your relationship with Mr Ricci?",he asks, why does everyone know Luciano.

"Oh he's a family friend",I say, can we stop talking about Luciano.

"Why do I get the feeling him acting protective has nothing to do with the fact that you're friends and that he actually likes you and was about to reap my head off", seriously did he just say that.

" I don't know, look can we talk about something else",and just like that we changed the subject. I love that Luciano is acting possessive and that's not good because I'm going on a date with someone else. This is confusing, I don't think he's being possessive because he likes me, but just cares right?.

We reach a beautiful park with an open field where people can have picnics and there are a few families with us,we spread the blanket and he takes out strawberries dipped in chocolate from the basket and my mouth waters.

"So tell me more about yourself lotus",he says as he takes out the rest of the food.

"Well as you already know, I'm a single mother of two and I recently got divorced,I think that's about it,if I wish to say more I'll tell you",I smile and take a bite of the pizza in my hands.

The day goes on to be great, we tour the rest of Rome and take pictures. I see some cool places that I plan to show Liam.

He takes me back home and walks me to the door.

"Thank you Edward I really had a great time",I say and push a loc of hair behind my ear.

"I enjoyed myself as well Lotus and hope we can go out again sometime",he says and smiles.

" Like a second date?",I ask.

He puts his hands in his pockets and shrugs his shoulders"yes I really like you and I want us to continue seeing each other and see where this thing goes I know you're expecting and I'm okay with it", did he just say what I think he did, Edward is an amazing guy but I don't just feel that way about him. But the way he is looking at me makes me say something else.

"I like you too Edward and I'd gladly give this whatever it is a chance",I say and smile shyly at him.

" Really? Wow Lotus you don't know how happy I am right now",he says and wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me.

"Yack that's nasty",I hear Liam say from the other side of the door. Is he spying on me?. He should be in bed by now.

We break the kiss and say our goodbyes and I watch as he drives away.

I open the door and I'm met with Liam,dad , Enzo and Luciano looking at me. "Where you guys spying on me?, and Liam should be in bed by now".

" I don't like that dude something about him doesn't sit well with me", Luciano says. Dad and Enzo look between us both and offer to put Liam to bed.

I give Liam a kiss and turn to Luciano. "I didn't ask for your opinion Luciano, I'm a grown woman and I make my own decisions,what are still doing here anyway?".

" I'm just looking out for you Lotus,he seems way too suspicious,I think you should stay away from him",he says and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Luciano I know what I'm doing okay ,I didn't ask for you to look out for me and non of this concerns you", he sighs and drops his hands.

" You're right and I'm sorry I have no right to interfere, goodnight see you on Monday at work",he says and walks out.

I see Enzo standing at the bottom of the stairs shaking his head,"" what?"I ask .

" I don't know why you two keep rejecting the attraction you feel about each other",he says and walks away to his room. I sigh and climb the stairs,if Luciano likes me he would have said so. I'll give Edward and I a chance it's the least I deserve after the hell Nick put me through,my kids deserve a father figure.