chapter thirteen

Luciano's POV

Lotus has gone on a date with that doctor guy whatever his name is and I can't seem to sit still I don't even know what I'm doing here,but after I heard her yesterday at working talking to him and making plans for Saturday I just couldn't sleep so here I am.

I look at Enzo and Troy and they look like they want to burst out laughing,I roll my eyes and make my way to the kitchen.

There I meet Marie, great just what I need I'm tired of her giving me the lost puppy look, it's frustrating. I walk out the kitchen door and head to the vine fields,the fields calm me down,I remember when Enzo and I would play in the fields with our grandmother.

Her death really affected Enzo,he started drinking and doing drugs and lost his real estate agent's licence. He was really broken,after rehab I asked Troy to let him work for him so that way he could be closer to these fields. It brings him closer.

"I don't know what to do",I say to myself,if my grandmother was here should tell me how to deal with this.

I head to the stables and find Katherine and Liam grooming, my horse Dante.

"Hey Luciano can we go on a ride on Dante?"Liam rushes to me.

" Of course kiddo, I'll saddle him up and you go wear your riding gear",I say and lift him. He smiles and wiggles in my grasp so I set him down on his feet and he rushes to the locker room that is attached to the stables and Katherine offers me a smile and goes to help him out.

He later comes out and he looks cute in his riding gear, when I have kids I'll take them for riding as well. The thought of kids warms my heart and just then I imagine a mini me or a little mini lotus running around with Liam. Wait what a mini Lotus, I'm losing my mind.

I help Liam get on the horse and I join him and we take off.

"Luciano do you have kids?", Liam asks as I slow the horse to by the lake which is at the far East of the field. I want to show him how to skip rocks maybe next time I can bring him fishing.

"No I don't have kids Liam",I say as I help him down from the horse.

"Do you have a dad?",he asks again.

"No Liam , I grow up with my grandmother",I say as I look for smooth rocks.

" I had a dad but he was mean to Mommy and me , mommy says he didn't mean it and one day he'll come and see me but I know I'll never see him again",he says and looks like he is going to cry.

"Don't cry little guy, you're an amazing kid and any man out there would want to be your father",I say and kiss his forehead.

Just then his face lights up and I think I won't like what he is about to say"I know since you don't have kids and I don't have a dad ,I can be yours and you can be my dad",he says and jumps up and down.

I don't want to disappoint the child so I say" sure why not but first we have to talk to your mom about it",I say and hand him a few rocks.

Liam and I spend the day throwing rocks and catching frogs,we later find a turtle that Liam decides to take home. He wanted to name the turtle,bolt but we settled on Mr tiddols.

We head back home and by the time we reach Liam is dozing off. I hang him over to Katherine and I go look for my old fish tank so I can make it Mr tiddols him and place it in Liam's room.

"Wow you're acting all fatherly and loving I like this new you",Enzo says as I wash the little tank.

" Shut up dont you have anything better to do",I say ,damn this thing is so dirty.

He laughs and walks away,I finish up with the tank and place some rocks and water in it, I give the turtle some mushrooms from the kitchen and I place the tank in Liam's room, I hope he likes it when he wakes up.

I find Troy and Enzo in the man cave ,I must say Troy did a pretty good job,I join them by the bar and Troy gives me a beer. We spent the whole day just chilling,I don't drink too much because I have to drive later. The hours pass and it's already dusk. What is taking them long?.

"Dude relax they will be here soon",Enzo says and takes a swing of his beer.

We move to the living room where we find Liam watching TV"hey Dad thanks for the tank",he says now everyone is looking at me ,I just mouth I'll explain later to them.

And just then we here car tires and doors opening and closing,I can hear Lotus' heels as she makes her way to the front door. I'm about to open the door when Enzo stops me.

I'm about to give them a piece of my mind.