chapter fifteen

"Edward I'm not going anywhere with you until you wash off the almond scent on you",I say as I throw up in the toilet.

It's the day for the Gala and we are running late ,mom,dad and Enzo have left,only Liam, Edward and I have not.

I opened the door to find Edward looking dashing and handsome he hugged me only have me throw up because of the almond shampoo he used. And now here we are me throwing up probably ruining my makeup and Edward about to shower quickly to rinse off the almond scent.

I retouch my makeup while we wait for Edward to finish getting dressed.

We get into the limo and drive to the Gala.

We are welcomed by the flashing lights and the press want to take pictures,they call my name so they can take my pictures.

We reach a platform were we can pose for the cameras ymy baby Liam is killing it and I know I'm killing it in this dress.i lift my leg a little so my beautiful Fendi shoes can show. My smokey eye makeup is popping and I have my hair in a pony.

The v cut on my dress is sure to turn heads and my bump is showing perfectly.

We then enter and the occasion is in full swing. We enter and I make my way to my parents and Luciano and I notice all eyes on me.

A few people that recognize me from L.A come over to say hi.

The look Luciano is giving me makes heat rise to my cheeks, Giovanna notices this and she hoops her arm into his possessively and I just wink at her.

"You look amazing lotus, will you blame me if I say I've fallen in love with you",Enzo says and whistles. I laugh and pinch his arm,I say hey to Carolyn who's behind him.

Luciano walks up the stage to officially start the event and introduce the new wine.

"Good evening and welcome to the annual wine tasting Gala,blah blah you know the drill I say almost the same thing each year so I'll cut to the chase", everyone laughs and waiters start entering with wine glasses that they give to everyone"I would like to introduce to the new wine that my partner and I have been working on ladies and gentlemen I give to you the figli del loto.

He removes the clothing revealing the table with the wine and a human size cardboard picture of the wine.

Everyone claps and they all toast to the figli del loto.(children of the lotus) every takes a swing of the wine except Liam and I of course,I can't wait to give birth.

Food and different wines that were produced are served. I meet different important from all around the world some who are surprised to see me without my ex-husband.

Katherine takes Liam for some food, I'm about to join them when someone stops me.

"Hey lotus,my goodness you looking amazing,you practically stole the show", Luciano says and I blush.

" But if you were mine principessa I'd never let you wear something that will leave other men fantasing about you",he continues I don't know how to deal with that so I just smile. Just then the song jowo by davido starts playing. I remember when I met him and his father when they wanted to do business with my parents. I can't help but drag Luciano to the dance floor.

"I love this song,dance with me Luciano",I say as I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him close to me. I slowly begin to do the kizomba dance that I learnt when Nick and I visited Angola. I must Luciano is fast learner and we dance to the romantic rythem of the song. Everything fades and it's just me and Luciano. The song ends and we kiss. The kiss is slow and passionate I can't help but moan. We are broken from our little world when we here a round of applause. I pull away and turn to the crowd,Enzo winks at me and Liam and my parents have on cashmere cat smiles. My eyes fall to Edward and I see hurt written all over his face,he turns and heads to the gardens and I try to follow him so I can explain. But Luciano stops me"don't go lotus",he says.

"Let me go Luciano",I say and he does,I chase after Edward with Luciano following closely behind me.

I find him standing by the fountain. I slow down. "Edward",he looks at me why tears roll down his face.

"Why Lotus,why lead me on when you know you don't love me and that you're in love with him",he says and runs a hand through his hair.

"I-I-I dont know what to say Edward",I say more like whisper and now tears roll down my face.

"I asked you,to be honest and tell if you were in love with him,I told I'd understand, I'd let you two be together because I love and I'd want you to be happy even if it's not with me,but you went and made a fool out of me,you kissed him dispite knowing I was watching that's how much you care about how I feel",he says.

" Edward please I'm so sorry, I really am , you're an amazing guy",he cuts me off and says" if I'm an amazing guy then why don't you love me,why didn't you dance with me and my don't you kiss me like you kissed him,I see the way you two look at each other the way you smile when he compliments you",he takes a deep breath and says" him or I Lotus".

"What?", I asked confused did I here him right.

"Him or I?,pick one if you're really sorry pick on Lotus",he says and puts his hands in his pockets.

Forgive me father for I have sinned against this man. How does he expect me to choose and not hurt one of them. I can at least be honest with him right.. I take a deep breath close my eyes and say"him".

"Speak louder Lotus",he says.

"I pick him Edward, I'm sorry",he walks up to me ,wipes my tears and kisses me ,it is a short painful kiss, mixed with tears and heartbreak. He pulls away and turns to Luciano"make her happy", and he walks away.

Luciano embraces me and I break down, I'm a horrible person instead of facing my feelings for Luciano I lead someone else on. I've treated him like Nick treated me. Luciano carries me to the bench and let's me cry my eyes out.

"Shhhh it's okay Lotus you're not to blame please don't cry, it's my fault as well,I was such a coward and didn't face my feelings for you, I'm sorry"he says and I stop crying,I look at him and say.

"I'm in love with you Luciano there's no denying it,I feel bad I used Edward I just wanted someone to love unconditionally this time around so I don't end up like before",I say and sniff.

" It's okay principessa,I love you unconditionally, I'll love you unconditionally, I've been in love with you since the day I saw you and I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier,can we start over and give ourselves a chance?",he says and I nod my head yes and kiss him.

We spent the rest of the evening in each other's arms and just enjoyed the silenty enjoyed the night sky.