chapter forty

It's been hours now and we've heard nothing about Nick's whereabouts from the police,I walk to Mari's room and find Luciano already there with on of her staffed animals.

I sit next to him and sigh. "Can you ever forgive me?",I ask and he turns his head to look at me."for what?",he asks.

"For all the bad choices I've made ,for breaking our family",I say and hold my hand in his.

" We all make bad choices and mistakes at some point in our lives".

" Don't you think I deserve a second chance, don't you think we deserve a second chance,I know this all my seem toxic maybe I am toxic but Luciano I don't want to spend the rest of my life without you,can you give forgive me?",I say and touch his face.

He swallows hard and says. " What about Courtney she doesn't deserve this".

" I Know but she doesn't love our kids Luciano and you love me",I say I know I'm being selfish but I love this man so much and I won't give up on him. I begin inching my face to his and just as our lips brushed we were interrupted.

"Nick is on the line he says he'll only negotiate with you", says one of the detectives working on the case . I get up and rush downstairs with Luciano right behind me they hand me the phone and tell me to keep him on the line.

"Lotus",he says,I want to scream at him I want to call him all sorts of names,but Luciano warmly rubs my shoulder.

"Nick where's Mari why are you doing this",I say and and take a deep breath,the line goes silent and he laughs." Are you serious Lotus this is your fault,what did you think that I'd let you and that Italy ravioli live happily ever after,all I asked for was a second chance was that too much to ask,I love you,how many times did I say that I'm sorry but you ignored me and even let  my kid call that idiot her father I wasn't going to stay back and be quite, I'm the love of your life lotus, I'm the one you sacrificed everything for ,I made a mistake yes I know but I still love you and came all the way here that should have been enough for you to take me back,but that guy was in the way so it was either by hook or crook,now listen carefully,if you want to see Mari again,you have to do as I say",

The officers signal for me to keep him talking" alright Nick I'll do anything you want,may I speak to her",

" No you don't get to make the decisions anymore,now if you don't do as I say and you come to the location I'll give you with the police, I'll sale Mari to human traffickers she's a very beautiful girl I'll sure get a handsome sum from her ,dress pretty,when you get here and I have you with me I'll send the location of your daughter to your dad,I love you Lotus and I want to be with you",

" I know , please send me a picture of Mari so I can see that she's okay",

" Shut the fuck up,I already told you,you told make the decisions here but I'll send it to you,you have an hour to get here, remember dress pretty for me babe", and the call ends.

" We didn't manage to track his location but we'll be behind you",the detective says. Just then my phone dings and I open it to a message from an unknown number, it's a video of Mari my baby who's sitted in a filthy room and she has some collar around her neck.

"What the hell is that thing around her neck", Luciano asks.

" I hope it's not what I think it is",one of the police officers says.

" What do you mean by that",my father demands.

" From the looks of it ,it looks like a collar bomb ,I only saw those from the weapons that were confiscated from the weapons shipment we raided ",he says.

" So you mean it's a bomb", Luciano and my dad finish at the same time and my knees weaken,but Luciano manages to catch me. Just then a message with the location pops up and I receive another call.

"Time is running out my love , I'll be waiting",he says and ends the call.

" How can he be this evil his own child",I whisper and look at my mom as tears roll down my face.

"What do we do ?",my mom asks the police officers.

" We'll call the bomb defusing unit and they'll be on standby and when he sends the location of Mari we'll go and get her,we need to tread carefully",.

" So you mean Lotus has to go to that psycho!", Giovanna yells.

" We have no choice, I'll go get ready",I say and head up stairs to quickly change and look to Nick's liking.

"You can't do this,what if I never see you again there's no telling what that bastard will do to you", Luciano who's presence I didn't notice til now says as I tie my hair into a pony tail.

"I have no choice, promise me you'll be right there when they rescue Mari she will really need you",I say and lightly kiss him and rush down stairs.

"Be careful sweetie",my mom says.

"Our cops will follow behind you slowly and make sure to keep a low profile",the detective says and I get into my car and drive to the location Nick sent.

The location is a run down dock that was distroyed during a hurricane and the Warehouses there were abandoned ever since. As soon as I park I hear something like a whistle and an explosion occurs,I get out of the car and see the car that was following behind me go up in flames. Oh no the officers in the car,I try to run towards it but just then arms grab me and someone sniffs my hair.

"And where do you think you're going",Nick whispers.