Chapter Five

Ironhide left the two others as he was taking this human girl home or wherever she came from. He was just a bit agitated that a human followed them and Jazz said the cost was clear. But it wasn’t apparent that they were followed because the human had somewhat of good instincts.

The human in question was sitting in the front seat as there was a holoform of a grown up human, acting as if it was driving the car. Her arms were crossed in a pout.

“Human, stop pouting.” Ironhide said. “It was your fault that you got caught.”

The human said nothing, still pouting. Ironhide sighed, still continuing to drive to the destination this human came from.

He stopped at a stop light, other cars around them. Ones with real live humans in them. The human looked out the window of the truck looking at the car next to them.

Ironhide sat still for a bit in silence with the human until the silence was broken. “Why are you back?” She asked.

“What?”

“Why are you back?” The human asked again, sitting up now. “My mom said that you guys died a long time ago, so why are you back?”

Ironhide thought for a bit then answered. “I don’t know…. We just came back one day and…… I don’t really know.” He said in a tone that was as if he was actually confused and saddened.

“How did you die?”

Irnohide stayed silent, remembering how he died in detail. How Sentinal shot him in the back, fucking coward, dosen’t even desirve to be called a Prime. Everything that happened that day was painful for him to remember and talk about.

"I rather not talk about that, human." Ironhide said in a low growl as the stop light turned green. He drove forward as the human looked out the window once again.

"Martha, idiot." She hissed.

"What?"

"My name is Martha, not human."

"Alright then, Martha."

There was silence again but this time Martha looked at the holoform of a human. "Sooo this dude is kinda creepy." She said, breaking the silence once again.

"Eh, I couldn't come up with anything else so I stuck with a classic form." Ironhide said. "And the blank stare is very creepy once you notice. Here just let me." Black sunglasses were added to the holoform.

Martha just looked then rolled her eyes. "It looks stupid now…" She said quietly.

Ironhide huffed a bit then chuckled. "I guess it does."

Martha yawned a bit as she rested her head on the headrest of the seat. Tiredness tugged at her.

"Getting tired?" Ironhide asked.

Martha nodded a bit as Ironhide kept driving around until he stopped at her home. She looked at it then shook her head. "I'm staying with someone for a while." She said, then Ironhide started to drive away from the house.

“Mind giving me directions?” He asked as Martha told him. Every turn it was and how far it was.

Ironhide quickly got his own little GPS up, and they headed to the place Martha was staying at.

Martha yawned again, curling up a bit in her seat. She was beginning to drift off to sleep, ignoring everything around her. By the time they got to the place, Martha was already fast asleep.

Ironhide sighed, then transformed, holding the sleeping Martha in his arms. He looked around, seeing no one out at this time. He heard dogs barking a bit and cats meowing throughout as he walked up to an open window.

He looked down at Martha, she had already cuddled into his arms sleeping soundly like a small child. “Martha, wake up. I’m unable to get you through the window.” He said softly as she groaned then cuddled more into his arms.

Shit. He thought as he looked around a bit then sighed. He looked into the room then carefully moved Martha off his arm onto his right hand, he gently tipped his hand a bit making her slide off and waking her up a bit.

She looked around dazed then shook her head. She turned to the window to see Ironhide looking at her with a bit of panic in his eyes. “Good, your a wake.” He said then flicked his eyes to the bed then back to her. “You should get some rest, it’s nearly midnight.”

Martha nodded as she walked over to the bed, getting under the covers, and cuddling into her childhood toy. She turned back to the window once again but Ironhide was already gone. A roar of an engine sounded off as he drove off and Martha fell asleep.

Ironhide drove back to the alleyway he was before, when he got there, he transformed. He looked around then got immetaly attacked with hugs and nuzzles from his partner.

“Iron!” Ratchet said, still hugging him. “I’m glad you’re back!”

Ironhide hugged him back. “I said I would be back before you knew it.” He said, nuzzling him a bit. “I wouldn’t leave you for the world.”

Ratchet smiled at him as Jazz was looking at Ironhide with a ‘I need to talk to you’ look. Ironhide looked back at him, then patted Ratchet on the shoulder. “I’ll be back in a bit, Ratch.” He said as Ratchet hugged him one last time then walked to the other end of the small alleyway parking lot.

He walked over to Jazz as the other looked at him. "What is it?" Ironhide asked.

Jazz had a cold look in his eyes. "Ratchet said that OP died at one point." He said, his voice as cold as his eyes.

"Yeah, but he's back now." Ironhide said, his arms crossed a bit.

Jazz huffed at this. "Ironhide, remember that time I asked you that if I ever died you would be beside him." He growled. "I know he can take care of himself but, as Ratchet was telling me, you guys didn't get there in time to help him."

Ironhide growled a bit at this as Jazz tone was beginning to annoy him. They didn't get there in time, yes, but Prime had come back because of the Matrix and Sam.

"You wanted the whole story of the war here, you're getting it." Ironhide said as Jazz looked away a bit. "Listen he did die but he was brought back to life with the Matrix. You know all those stories of the Thirteen Primes? How all the descendants die except for one? And the story of The Fallen scared us when we were hatchlings?"

"Yeah…."

"They were real and Prime is actually the last descendant of the Thirteen Primes."

"What?"

"And The Fallen was actually real, he wanted to destroy Earth because of past events."

Jazz looked at Ironhide then to Ratchet. "You have enough knowledge now on that day, now we need to rest." Ironhide said, looking at his friend.

Jazz nodded, lost in thought now. Thinking on everything that he was told so far, all the things he had missed.

“And Jazz, he’s okay, Prime is okay.” Ironhide said, putting his hand on the other’s shoulder. “I bet he’ll be overjoyed that you’re back. That we’re all back.”

Jazz smiled a bit at this as Ironhide smiled back a bit then walked over to Ratchet.

“Is he?” Ratchet was about to asked but Ironhide nodded.

“He’s fine, just taking a lot in right now. Hold back on all the information next time.”

“Sorry… It’s just that it has been a long time since we talked.”

“I know, but he needs to process everything that has happened so far."

"We have to as well."

Ironhide nodded in agreement as he hugged Ratchet. "If you want to tell me what happened, with the panic attack and what you were talking about when that happened, you can trust me."

Ratchet froze a bit then looked at Ironhide. He shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it…." Was all he said, looking away.

"Alright, another day then?"

"Please."