Chapter Twenty-four

“You think that they’ll attack ‘em?” Crosshairs asked through his com to Drift.

“I-” Drift stopped for a moment then continued. “I don’t know. We just have to wait and see.”

They were going back to base, they were getting closer to the entrance with detectors surrounding it. The two were used to the detectors, but Elita and Chromia weren’t. They seemed jumpy to an extent. Of course they were jumpy, they’re on an alien world that they didn’t recognize. 

Going past the detectors on the fence went off as Elita’s voice glowled from her end. “What the frag is that!?”

“It’s okay, it’s just detectors. The native here put them up for their peace of mind.” Drift said in Cybertronian, a language all too familiar to him.

“That’s stupid…” Elita said, driving up beside him

“I agree, but it’s understandable for them to have little trust for us from over the years here.” He said, remembering the stress Optimus went through after the Chicago incident. Elita huffed at this, Drift could almost see her roll her optics. 

They were getting closer to a large gray building. Elita just looked at it, there were little creatures going in and out. They all were organic and weird looking. She never got a closer look at them, just from a far or in what they called ‘cars’ driving beside her.

They stopped as the four vehicles surrounded them, a group of humans then aimed EMPs right at Elita and Chromia. Drift immediately transformed and started to talk to them, Crosshairs followed suit.

“It’s okay!” Drift said, looking at them. “They’re with us!”

Elita transformed, her built-in weapons out, pointed at the humans. They, in turn, aimed their weapons at her. Crosshairs cursed under his breath and quickly tuned to her.

“It’s alright!” He said quickly, trying to push Elita’s weapon down. “They ain’t going to hurt ya.”

“Then tell them to put theirs up first!” She growled in Cybertronian. At this point Chromia was transformed in her true form, her weapons out as well but not pointed at anyone.

Crosshairs glanced at Drift for a quick moment then back to the two Cybers. They have to find a way to get Elita and Chromia to calm down and have the humans to calm down as well.

“Stand down.” Crosshairs looked at the human soldiers again. One of them looked at him like he was a turbofox on high-grade. “They won’t attack unless you all stand down.” He said, practicality growling.

Two or three of them looked at each other for a moment but they didn’t relent. Their weapons still aimed at Elita and Chromia. If more time passes, Elita and Chromia would end up attacking.

Drift prayed to Primus, to any human base god as well, for both sides to put their weapons down.

As if to answer his prayers, one of the dinobots came barling at Elita and Chromia. “Grimlock, get back here!” a voice yelled.

Both Drift and Crosshairs tried to stop Grimlock, yelling at him to heel. He ignored the two bots, his set on his targets.

Grimlock was grunting as he ran, excited to see Elita and Chromia. Mostly excited to see Elita. Getting closer to the group, the humans quickly got out of the way, even leaving the vehicles behind. As they cleared out, one was stuck in it, the seat belt wrapped around her ankle.

“Grimlock, Stop!” Elita yelled in Cybertronian, now standing outside the circle that had surrounded her. Grimlock did as she said, skidding to a stop. He almost ran into her, inches away from her.

“Helllloooo!” Grimlock yelled excitedly.

“Hello, Grim.” Elita said, a soft smile forming. “Could you calm down?”

Grimlock huffed in agreement, then looked at Chromia then got excited again. “Helllloooo!” He yelled.

“Hi Grim.” Chromia said, giving him a small wave.

“Hey, calm down. You’re going to hurt someone with that excitement.” Elita said, bring his focus back to her. “You’re a big bot and you don’t want to accidentally crush someone.”

“Grimlock not that big.” He huffed.

The human stuck in the vehicle got out, freeing herself. She was on the ground taking deep breaths. Panic had sized her when Grimlock was running towards them.

“Are you okay human?” a voice said, it was slowed down, taking time to say these words.

The soldier looked up to see Chromia looking at her. “Y-Yeah. I’m fine.” The human said, slowly getting up. Chromia watched her for a moment, then put her hand towards her. “What are you-”

“I’ve seen your species doing this in greetings and exchanging names.” Chromia said. “Is this not how you do this?”

The other sighed and took the larger hand in her's, well, taking a finger in her hand and shook it.

“Grimlock!” A voice yelled as a familiar yellow and black Cyber came towards them with another behind him. Other dinobots followed behind them but immediately ran towards Grimlock to also greet Elita. “Guys! C’mon! Jussssss-holy shit! Hound!”

“What is it?” Hound asked, looking at the other. “Bee?”

Bee was hiding behind Hound, looking around him and at Elita and the dinobots. Hound then looked at Elita.

Elita stared at them, then took a step towards them slowly. Chromia popped out from Scorn’s side as the large Spino looked at her, with a human on her shoulder.

Hound then looked at Crosshairs and Drift. “What’s in Primus' name is going on?!” He said. “Is this some type of ghost shit we’re dealing with?!”

“What’s a ghost?” Elita asked, looking at Hound with now confusion.

Drift cleared his audio box, getting their attention again. “They aren't ghosts, they came back to life. We don't know how but we will provide information and protect them.” He said.

“Yeah, that's really great but who's going to catch the Prime that will faint from seeing his dead partner back?!” Bee asked, finally speaking up. “I'm not going to catch him!”

“When in the nine galaxies did Bumblebee get his voice back?!” Chromia asked, looking at the young scout. “More so how?!”

“Everything will be explained at a later time but right now we'll take you to Optimus.” Drift said, walking to the hangers that led to the underground chambers. Elita and Chromia looked at each other then followed behind as the others were right behind them as well.