Chapter Nineteen

Driving for hours on end was exhausting, Chromia didn't know how longer she could take this. She sighed, louder to catch Eleta's attention.

Her friend just ignored her and kept driving, Chromia sighed again and then saw a way off the highway they were on.

She drove into the exit and slipped away as Eleta kept going. She was lost in thought, trying to get a grip on things as of now.

She huffed, then slowed down to the side of the road to stop. She needed to stretch her legs, but she didn't want to cause a problem with these inhabitants.

She sat there for a full minute, then a holoform got out of the car. The skin tone was a nice warm brown with the hair being black with pinkish red highlights. Her clothes were loose around her body, comfy clothes. She looked around and then leaned against the car.

She was calm and letting the sound of the other cars surround her. Her markings were still there, the light blue under her eyes.

She then looked around to see if Chromia stopped with her. She was alone, hitting here like a shell from an ion cannon. She growled under her breath. "Frag."

The holoform then disappeared as the car started to move again but stopped as two cars were coming up from behind her. One was all black with red stripes. The other was all dark green.

They were fast as they went by her. She sighed at this, going on the road again as a cyan truck came up beside her.

"Where did you go?" Eleta asked as there was a chuckle.

"I just went to stretch. It's so restraining to be like this." Chromia said as the two cars from before were in front of them and started to slow down. "I just needed to." She then honked the horn at the dark green one, who almost made her run into it. "WATCH IT, YOU FRAGGER!" She yelled at the car.

"Chromia, relax. It was probably a mistake." Eleta said. "Besides, they're stupid."

"STUPID!" A voice yelled. "I'LL SHOW YOU STUPID!" The dark green car then drove faster then did a 180 turn to face them.

The black and red car stopped in its tracks, as did the rest of the other cars behind them, horns honking and yelling. The car in front of them started to fold in on itself as the being stood at his full height.

Crosshairs smiled at the pick-up and the hybrid. "Now, if you don't mind, stand and fight!" He yelled as there was a chuckle.

"Oh, it'll be my pleasure!" Chromia said, then quickly transformed.

She looked at him with a devilish smile as the other looked at her. Crosshairs knew her and started to regret his decision.

"Oh shit…" Crosshairs said before being tackled to the ground.

By now, the other two were now in their normal mode on the side of the road. Eleta looked at Drift with excitement as the other looked at her in confusion. They were talking as they got the internal greeting out of the way.

"STOP BITING ME YOU BITCH!" Crosshairs yelled as Eleta and Drift looked at them. Chromia was biting his arm as he was trying to push her off his arm.

Eleta sighed then went over to them. "Chromia, stop biting his arm." She said as Chromia growled then spit his arm out.

Crosshairs shoved her away as he got up. "Fucking bitch. Nearly tore my arm off." He grumbled, looking at the indents on his forearm. "You're as bad as Ironhide was when it came to biting people."

"Oh you mean like all the time?" Chromia asked. "He does that a lot. I just did it to freak you out."

Crosshairs huffed in amusement, then smiled a bit at her. Drift looked at him. "He never did that. Not unless he was killing someone." Drift said, making Chromia look at him.

"Hey Drift. How's your partner doing?" She asked as Drift shrugged.

"I wouldn't know, Ratchet and I are no longer partners and he's dead." Drift said, pain in his voice as he said 'dead'.

Chromia's spark sank hearing this. Eleta looked at Drift then at Crosshairs. "What do you mean by he's dead?" She asked as Crosshairs led them both off the road as traffic was starting to build up.

"He means he's with the Allspark now." Crosshairs said, just as they got to the side. "He was hunted down like a ravaged animal then had his spark ripped out."

Chromia looked at him, then shook her head. Eleta just listened then looked at Drift for confirmation. He nodded looking away.

"What happened to everyone else then?" Eleta then asked. Drift looked at her then shook his head. "Please, tell us." She said.

"They all either died or went missing." Crosshairs said, letting Chromia lend against him in comfort.

"Even Ironhide?" Chromia asked as Crosshairs slowly nodded.

"Sadly, even him." He said, looking at her.

Chromia huffed at this as she then kicked the ground but returned back to having comfort.

Eleta looked at her then at Drift, questions filled her mind. "How long has it been?" She asked.

Drift sighed. "About eight million stellar years of the war. Afterwards it's about seven human years up to now." He said.

Out of those 4 human years of war she and Chromia missed another eight million stellar years of it. Eleta felt numb, her very spark dared to go out on its own. She had missed everything.

"But now here is a question for you. You two are supposed to be dead," Drift said. "How are you back? How are you alive again? How?"

Eleta looked at him, fully aware of what was around her now. She didn't think about that, how were they back if they were dead? She looked at Chromia and Crosshairs then back at Drift, her optics filled with nothingness.

"We don't know." She said, shaking her head at this. A thought then popped into her head. "Drift. If he's still alive and you're on his team, take us to him."

"He would be surprised and overwhelmed with seeing you now." He said as Eleta gave him a death stare.

"Take us to him." She said again. "Take us Optimus Prime."