Chapter Twenty-one

"Are we there yet?" Marhta asked, making another sigh of annoyance cut through the silence.

"No. We're not there yet." Jazz said, his voice quiet and soft.

Martha slumped back in her seat, boredom taking over again. They have been on the road for hours now. Her, Asher, and Jason are all hungry and being moody now. Jazz didn't know what to do. The other two bots were ahead of them.

"Can we at least stop to get some food? All we had gotten were chips and small sodas from that last stop 3 hours ago." Jason said. "We need actual human food that isn't junk food."

Jazz hummed in response.

"We also need to stretch. We can stay cooped up like this for long amounts of time." Asher cut in as well, leaning forwards. "And since our phones are practically dead now we have nothing to do."

Jazz just listened to them, hoping to just zone out from their voices. After a while they stopped in a small town, it was cozy and there was a small hotel where the teens could go to rest.

The three vehicles pulled in and parked as the teens got out, Martha yelling 'finally' as Jazz was in his holoform.

"How long were we on the road?" Asher asked just as Ironhide came out of the truck to get the supplies he had gotten for the teens, by Ratchet's request, he got a pack of water, food that was mostly healthy, and a first aid kit.

"Seven hours." Ratchet said, looking over the kit that was handed to him. "Honestly there were longer drives we could handle."

Asher huffed then caught a water bottle that was tossed to him. He looked at it as Ironhide grabbed two more bottles and tossed one to Jason and the other to Martha. He then looked back at Ratchet.

"You need to stay hydrated. Water helps more than soda." Ratchet said, still looking over the kit.

Asher immediately opened it and started to down the thing. He needed this. In a few minutes the bottle was empty as Ironhide chuckled as Martha and Jason also finished theirs.

"Alright, one more round of water." Ironhide said getting three more bottles and handing them out to the teens.

Martha looked at Jason and snickered. "What?" He asked as Martha smiled at him.

"We're miles away from Sacramento, we have barely enough money for a meal, and you're not panicking." She said, "I'm really proud of you."

Jason chuckled at this, his smile was kinda wide. "Thanks, I guess." He said, scratching his neck.

Martha punched him in the arm then walked over to the entrance of the hotel. Jason followed her with his eyes then looked at Asher, who was practically begging to get another water bottle. Half of his was already empty.

"Can you not drown yourself?" He asked as Asher looked at him.

"Well I'm sorry. My dads always told me to stay hydrated." Asher said, holding up his water bottle. "I take this as a big deal. Now excuse me, I have to go."

"Where? We're in an entirely different city." Jason said as Asher ran off.

"The bathroom!" Asher yelled going into the hotel.

"Jazz, go watch them." Ironhide said as Jazz nodded and went on in the hotel.

Jason turned to the medic as he came out of the back of the ambulance. "So what even is your name?" Jason asked.

"Ratchet." He said as Jason looked confused. "Agh, just like Ironhide. My name is Ratchet."

"That's a tool." Jason said then he was hit upside the head by Ironhide.

"Dumbass. We're robots, remember?" Ironhide said as he went on into the hotel.

"Iron." Ratchet sighed then shook his head. "Sorry about him but he's right. We are robots."

"Then why don't you act like one?" Jason asked, making Ratchet's eye twitched.

"One, don't compare my kind to what you see in the media. We are not like those things that your version of sparklings play with or take entertainment out of." Ratchet snapped. "Two, we are sentient beings that have feelings like your own. Keep that in mind, you fagger." He then walked off into the building as Jason looked down in shame.

It was a while after Jason got in and Jazz was talking to the front desk, cracking jokes with the person there. Martha and Asher were eating a small berry and melon assorted cup. They avoid eating the blueberries though. Ratchet and Ironhide were nowhere to be seen.

Jason slowly walked up to Martha and Asher. "Hey guys." He said as Martha gave him a strawberry. "What's up with Ratchet?" When he said that it was weird, having to say it as a name.

"He's a grumpy old man." Martha said as Asher huffed in amusement. "That's what's up with him."

Jason sighed then shook his head. "No, I mean why does it seem like he's annoyed with us." He said. "I heard them talking but I couldn't understand them. Anyways, it felt like they were talking about us."

Asher shrugged. "Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. Who knows." He said, popping a blueberry in his mouth.

Martha smiled, her usual happy-go-lucky tone was clear. "Hey who knows, maybe they were talking about us in a good way." She said.

Jason sighed then shook his head. "I don't know. I just have this feeling that they want us gone." He said he was then hit in the head.

"Stop talking like that! They aren't talking like that." Martha hissed at him then ate a piece of watermelon. "Besides, I don't think Ironhide will get rid of us that easily."

Jason huffed then ate another strawberry. Jazz came up to them with three keys to rooms. "Got us some rooms!"

"How?" Jason asked, looking at him. "We don't even have enough money for three rooms."

"Where do you think the gay birds are?" Jazz asked with a sly grin. "Remember, our species is very advanced in technology."

Martha's eyes glowed with questions. "You hacked?!" She said but was hushed.

"No no. We don't want to get in trouble do we?" Jazz asked as Martha shrugged. "Good enough."

Asher and Jason looked at each other then sighed. Just as Jason got a key to one of the rooms, Ratchet and Ironhide came back, holding each other's hands.

The three teens talk among themselves as Jazz gave Ratchet one of the two keys he had. "Knowing you two, take this as a thank you." Jazz said smiling then was hit upside the head by Ironhide. "OW!"