Chapter Six

Martha was dead asleep, snoring and drooling on the pillow and her stuff cuddle buddy. The voice of Mrs. Hemphill called her name over and over again until Jason was at the door of her room. He was knocking on the door lightly calling her name.

Wake up you pile of bones! He thought happily, they had always insulted each other in a friend type way but they still didn't get along well. "Martha!" He began to yell. "Martha! Get your ass up!"

No response from the room, Jason continued to do this for thirty minutes until the door finally opened to show a half asleep Martha in the door way.

"What is it, ass hat?" She mumbled.

"My mom was calling your name, she sent me up here to get you..." Jason grumbled in annoyance. "In this house we have a very strict time of waking up and going to bed, anyone staying or living here has to follow-" The door then slammed in his face, leaving him mouth agape in stunned silence.

Martha went back to the bed then flopped into it. God she was tired from last night. She remembered every bit of it, as if it was a daydream. It was a bit fuzzy but she remembers it.

It was a few hours until Martha finally got dress and came out of the room.

"About time!" Mrs. Hemphill exclaimed, looking at her. "Martha, you know it's a rule in our house to wake up and go to bed at a pacific time."

"Yeah, Yeah...." Martha grumbled, walking by her to the front door.

"Martha S. Witwicky, come here now." Mrs. Hemphill demand.

Martha sighed, her full name was always annoying to say. She walked over to her and just looked at her.

"I'm not tolerating this sleeping in thing for anything, you go to bed and wake up with the rest of us like normal people." Mrs. Hemphill said, striking a nerve in Martha.

"Well, I'm not normal." Martha said, arms crossed.

Mrs. Hemphill looked at her then shook her head. "Just please follow the rules." She said.

Martha sighed then nodded. "Yes ma'am."

"You can go now, I'm sorry to stall you."

"It's fine." Martha went to the front door, putting her headphones in and leaving the house.

Her mind was filled with questions. Questions for the robots mostly.

In her thoughts of questions she subconsciously walked to the alleyway parking lot. Where a moving truck was. She looked around the lot then walked more into the alleyway.

There was no sign of the three robots nor the cars that were there that night.

This is going to take awhile.... Martha thought as she continued to walk.

Coming out the other end of the alleyway she looked around. With every car driving by, Martha made sure to look at them closely but not look creepy doing so.

Then there was an all too familiar sports car, a 2022 Porsche 911, to be exact. Martha looked at it, admiring the style, but it wasn't her taste. A truck or a motorcycle would do for her.

She could imagine what color she wanted on the imaginary vehicles. Dark purple or black, not because she wanted to be emo. It was because she just liked those colors. As simple as that.

Mostly black spoke to her more in a design or drawing. She just liked how lights could make the color shine if it was on any body of metal and how it stood out when light hit clothes or pictures.

Martha snapped out of her daydream as the Porsche was revving its engine.

"Can you stop looking at me?" A voice whispered. Martha looked around then at the car.

"Was that you?" She asked as the engine stopped revving and turned off.

"Yeah...." The voice whispered again.

"What is your name?" She asked, leaning against a wall and pretend to look at her phone.

The car didn't respond for a bit. "I can't tell you...." It finally responded.

"Why?"

"Because I can't."

Martha thought for a bit in silence then looked around. "Please? I won't tell anyone else." She whispered back.

"No." The voice whispered.

She sighed then walked away, she'll just follow them again. Like last time, but this time she'll be more stealthy.

When she got back to the Hemphill's' home she had made up an excuse to not join them for dinner that night in her head. Hours went by until it was dinner time.

"Martha! Dinner!" Mrs. Hemphill yelled out.

Martha went down stairs and looked at the already seated family around the corner. She breathed in deeply then went out. "Mrs. Hemphill, I won't be able to join tonight." She said, looking at them.

"Why not?" Mr. Hemphill asked, looking at Martha with questionable eyes.

"I have something to do tonight and I will be in my room." She said, looking back at him.

"What is it that is so important?" Mrs. Hemphill asked, cutting into the conversation.

"I've been wanting to just do something that will give me some time to myself, like I do at my house." Martha said, looking at the ground. "I've draw sometimes to calm my nerves and it helps me so, that is why I'll be in my room for tonight."

Both Mr. and Mrs. looked at each other then in silence agreement. "Alright, you can go up there but bring some food with you okay?" Mrs. Hemphill said as Martha nodded then took her plate to her room. She closed the door, she did a couple of scribbles in her art book then ate her food until it was mostly gone.

She looked at the door of the room then open the window, taking her jacket and phone. She walked over to the same tree she climb down it like last time. She walked through the night air until she was at the same alleyway that she saw the three robots from last night.

She waited there for a bit then heard a revving of an engine. She hid quickly in the shadows behind a discarded couch. She listen, hearing the three similar voices again.

They were talking to each other.

Martha continued to listen until someone touch her shoulder. She turned to the person then growled a bit at the sight of them.

"What are you doing here?!"