Chapter Twelve

Ratchet looked around with the plasma gun ready for the guy that was in the bathroom. He had gotten over being kicked. It still hurt a bit but it was starting to go away.

He kept his eyes on the door, knowing that the guy would come out any minute.

He had seen the three kids run up here, frightened from the fighting. He had to keep them safe.

Ratchet could still hear what was going on down stairs. The shooting had stopped but yelling from Jazz and Ironhide were still echoing upstairs.

He looked around quickly then back to the door. He had to find the kid but also keep guard of the door just in case this guy comes out and attacks him. He will wait until either Jazz or Ironhide would come up and keep guard.

Then something hit him in the back, he quickly spun around and pointed the plasma gun at a simple pillow on the ground. Ratchet sighed then looked up to see Martha staring at him with another pillow in her hand, ready to throw it at him. Jason had a bat in his hands as a new person was right behind them hiding away.

Ratchet lowered the gun, putting his other hand up showing he meant no harm. Jason kept his guard up along with Martha.

“It’s okay. I’m not going to harm you.” He said, standing there looking at them. “I know I look a little different but it is me, Martha.”

Martha threw the pillow at him and he moved out of the way, then he took a step towards them. “Don’t do that, I’m not going to hurt you.”

“How will we know! We don’t know your name!” Martha said, then looked to the other. “Give me something else to throw!”

“On it!” The person that was behind them disappeared into the bedroom looking for something.

Ratchet looked at her as he just mumbled ‘Frag’ under his breath in annoyance as a stuffed animal was thrown at his face. “It’s Ratchet.” He yelled.

Martha looked at him then scoffed then threw another stuffed animal at him. “WOULD YOU STOP THROWING STUFF AT ME!” Ratchet yelled at her as he caught a stuffed animal that was thrown at him.

“NO!” Martha yelled back.

Ratchet mumbled more Cybertronian curses then something slashed across his cheek. He put his hand to his face as he looked back at the bathroom, the guy was out with a pistol pointed at him.

“Get in the room now!” Ratchet said, as he pointed the plasma gun at the guy backing away to get far enough in to close the door and locked it.

The other smiled a bit then took a step towards him. Martha and Jason looked at each other in worriedness then went back into the room.

“Stay back! That’s close enough!” Ratchet said, keeping his guard up.

The guy chuckled at him then with words thick as sludge. “I don’t think so, doctor. Not as long as the scum of Cybertron continues to crawl around."

His spark dropped for a moment but he shook his head then pulled the trigger as a light green blast force flew across the hall to the guy as he staggered a bit then disappeared in T.V. static.

Ratchet let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding, he looked back at the three kids, all with fear in their faces. He got in the room and locked the door.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be safe in here, for now.” He said while locking the windows.

“For now?” Jason asked as he looked at him.

“Yes, they’ll probably break down the door and come in.” Ratchet looked around the room for more weapons but the only other weapons were the bat and the plasma gun. “But Ironhide and Jazz are downstairs fighting them back as of now.”

“Marth!” The unnamed kid said, looking at her as she looked at him.

“Yes, Asher?” She said as he pointed at Ratchet.

“Why the hell is his blood blue?!” Asher said.

Ratchet looked at him then looked at his hand, light blue blood was there as his cheek continued to bleed out a bit. “Frag, I apologized.” He said then something slammed against the door. “Get in the closet!”

The three looked at eachother then nodded as they ran into the walked in closet, closing the door. "Stay in there until I do three instinct knocks." He said as the three yelled simultaneously "Okay!"

Ratchet brace himself as the slamming of the door continued as the aching of the wood got louder.

He looked on then the door came crashing down as Ironhide pinned someone down choking him out. The other was struggling, trying to shoved him off to get free.

Ratchet signed in relief then stepped towards him a bit as the guy he was choking out disappeared in T.V. static. Ironhide stood up and looked at the door that was crashed in.

"Was that necessary?" Ratchet asked as Ironhide jumped a bit then looked at him.

"I don't think so but it was his fate." Ironhide said.

"Listen, the kids are hiding in the closet for now, we need to get them somewhere safer."

"Alright get them outside to our vehicle modes and they'll be safe there. Me and Jazz will make a safe route for you and them."

Ratchet nodded leaving a peck on Ironhide. "Be safe." He told him then walked over to the closet door knocking on it lightly.

Ironhide smiled at him then nodded. "Always!" He said then ran back out of the room.

Ratchet waited for a response from the other side, looking around then knocked again. The door opened slightly, revealing Martha, Jason, and Asher all huddling together looking out the door.

"Good, follow me and stay close." Ratchet said, letting the three follow him and looking ahead, keeping the plasma gun at hand. "Stay on guard with that bat." 

Jason nodded at him as Ratchet looked down the stairs where more yelling and cursing were being said, mostly by Jazz.