Ch. 17{The Last Name} Light's Lost Memory

Light's dad returned home and Mrs. Yagami and Sayu were at the table waiting for both Light, Scarlett, and Mr. Yagami. They looked concerned when Light and Scarlett weren't with him. "Where's Light and Scarlett?" Mrs. Yagami asked. Mr. Yagami ignored them, not looking at them as he went upstairs. Mrs. Yagami and Sayu went to the stairs and watched him go up the stairs. "Has something happen to them? Honey, are they alright?!" Mrs. Yagami asked frantically. "Dad, please tell us." Sayu said. "Please!" Mrs. Yagami said.

Mr. Yagami went into his son's room and locked the door. For a while, he went through Light's things. Books, drawers, bed, everything. Mr. Yagami didn't find anything suspicious. He then saw two huge books that read "The Compendium of Laws" he wrote on the back of the front cover a little note. These books were given to Light for his 18th birthday. He could even remember the memory. Light thanked his dad and would read every single page.

Mr. Yagami left Light's room and sighed when he reached the guest room, where Rose was staying. He opened the door and looked around. Arashi, who was the bed sleeping, woke up and looked at Light's dad come in. Of course, Light's dad couldn't see Arashi but Arashi watched the man go through Rose's things. Mr. Yagami knew it was wrong to go through her belongings but he needed to know if she was Kira and he hoped she wasn't. He noticed that Light had an interest in Rose and he was alright with it. Mr. Yagami liked her a lot as if she was his daughter.

He started to go through her bag and a manila folder fell out. Mr. Yagami stopped and picked up the folder. He opened it up and saw Mr. Johnson's picture and information. Mr. Yagami's eyes became tense when he saw that the information said that this man was a murderer and kidnapped a girl named Allison and she was apparently Scarlett's best friend. Mr. Yagami sighed as he felt sorry for her, she was still searching her friend. He didn't find anything suspicious in Scarlett's room either.

*With L and the investigation team*

~Misa and Rose in Confinement, Day 8~

~Light in Confinement, Day 3~

The investigation team was sitting around, bored watching the cameras. L was eating something that looked like ice cream. "Ryuzaki, has someone been killed?" Light asked tiredly. "Actually, no criminals have been killed so far. Not a single soul." L said. "I see. That would make me even more suspicious." Light said as he rested his head on the bed. "This is boring. Can't eat apples, can't talk to you. I wonder what Rem's doing." Ryuk said walking around. Light ignored him and wondered how Rose was handling this.

*With Rose*

I was now sitting up on the bed with my back leaning on the wall. I've already slept and now I wasn't tired and couldn't go back to sleep. I lost track of the amount of days I was in here. I even started not feeling good; I hoped to be out of here soon...

*With L and the investigation team*

~Misa and Rose in Confinement, Day 12~

~Light in Confinement, Day 7~

Everything was the same at the headquarters. L was eating his sweets while he and the others watched the three people on the screens. "I want to see Light and Scarlett... Let me see them, Mr. Stalker..." Misa complained. "Light, you look tired." L said to Light on a microphone. "How're you doing?" "I feel miserable. But this pride of mine... I must 'throw away'"Light said as he looked at Ryuk. "'Throw away?' You'll lose your memory. Later, Light." Ryuk disappeared through the wall and Light fell uncouncious for a minute.

Light woke up after a minute and he was suddenly became confused then became confident. "Ryuzaki." Light said. "What is it?" L asked. "I'm the one who volunteered to do this, but now I know for sure. This is a waste of time. I'm not Kira." "That's not for you to decide, Light." L said. "How could I be so brutal without knowing it? Don't you think so?" Light said. "You were the one who suggested it to us... in the first place" L said. "My time in confinement has made me realize the truth. Ryuzaki, we'll find a way somehow. Together, we'll seize Kira by the neck." Light said. "He's suddenly become positive." Matsuda muttered.

~Misa and Scarlett in Confinement, Day 19~

~Light in Confinement, Day 14~

"Light's aware of what he's doing, but as for Misa and Scarlett..." Aizawa trailed out. "They're tough. I'd have gone nuts by now." Sanami said. Something beeped on the screen. "Ryuzaki, Kira's back," Ukita said causing everyone caught off guard. L stared up at the screens. "They're dying of heart attacks" Ukita said. "Light, There have been no executions for two weeks now. Start confessing." Everyone looked at L surprised and not happy. "Hey!" Matsuda said.

"I know it looks bad but this is a trap." Light said as he was laying down on his side on the bed. "Believe me, I'm not Kira!" Light yelled out. L and the others were quiet after that outburst.

*With Rose*

I was lying down on the bed day dreaming and then I heard Light yell. I knew he was being confined too. I then close my eyes to sleep once again. Oh Light.....

*With L and the investigation team*

~Misa and Scarlett in Confinement, Day 23~

~Light in Confinement, Day 18~

More heart attacks were going on. And the others were getting nowhere. "Criminals are being killed incessantly. How could they kill unknown criminals when they're being confined?" Mr. Yagami asked. "What if... Kira's special powers were passed on to a third Kira?" L suggested. "Leaving Misa and Light deprived of their memories and Scarlett hasn't acted strange." "But how could we prove that?" Ukita asked. Their gazes went to the screen when Light fell off his bed and didn't move after that.

"Ryuzaki, let's start from scratch." Mr. Yagami said as he stared down at L. L stayed silent as his eyes drifted to the side.

They took Misa, Scarlett, and Light to a different room and each were laid in a hospital laid out bed. The three of them were asleep and Misa had the blindfold on. Sanami was watching over Misa and Scarlett while L and Mr. Yagami were watching Light. Light woke up and his eyes drifted to L and his dad. "How are you feeling?" Mr. Yagami asked. "I'm fine." Light said softly. "You've put up with it very well." Mr. Yagami said to Light.

"We still have to check Amane's room... so stay under our surveillance until the case is solved." L said. "If I'm monitored, I may as well join you guys in the investigation." Light said. "I was going to ask you to. You can cooperate by staying with me 24 hours a day." L said as he munched on something crunchy. "Thank you, Ryuzaki. We'll capture Kira." Light said as he looked at his dad. Mr. Yagami looked down at his son proudly. Light turned his head and saw Rose sleeping in another bed beside him. Her head was faced towards him and she looked peaceful with her hair spread out under her head and her peaceful face looked like an angel's. Light stared at her and made a sweet, loving, and small smile.