Ch. 10 Only the Beginning

I returned to the hotel and the investigation team was going through piles of papers. I was helping them out and I heard the a phone ring. Watari answered and went to L "L, a phone call from Naomi Misora." I stopped what I was doing and looked over at L as he talked on the phone in japanese. L then hung up and I walked over to him. "Ryuzaki?" I asked. "What is it Scarlett?" L asked looking up at me drinking from a cup. "What did Naomi say?" L looked at me for a moment and said, "She said that she's going to prove that Light Yagami is Kira at the art gallery, by risking her life." I drifted my eyes to the side thinking of what she was planning.

"What is it Scarlett?" L asked me. I didn't answer him when I realized what she might do. I ran out the door with the team shouting at me what was wrong and to come back, but I kept running.

I ran to the art gallery running and looking for Naomi before she would do something dangerous, but I didn't see her anywhere.

I searched everywhere until I heard her voice. I raced to that spot and stopped when I saw her holding a girl hostage with a gun at hand. It was the same girl that was with Light on the bus. I looked to my right and Light was there. He saw me and was surprised to see me but then paid attention to Shiori and Naomi.

"Naomi! Don't do this!" I shouted at her. Naomi looked at me. "Stay out of this!" Her voice filled with anger. She focused her gaze back on Light. "Now Light Yagami, now that you know my name, go ahead and kill me!" She shouted.

*With Investigation Team*

"What are we going to do?! Now Scarlett can get hurt too!" Matsuda panically said. "Are the police on the way?" Mr. Yagami asked. "Yes, sir" Ukita said. "No, hold them back a little longer." L said. "What?" Mogi said. "Here's the good part" L said staring into the tvs. "How dare you! This isn't a show!" Mr. Yagami yelled.

*With Rose*

"You want to save her? Then kill me. Like you did to Raye. Like all the criminals you've executed. Go on and kill without laying a hand on me!" Naomi shouted. "But I'm not Kira!" Light shouted back at her. "Naomi please, your not this type of person! Let the girl go; she has nothing to do with this!" I yelled at Naomi. She then pointed the gun at me. "Shut up! I'm doing what's right! Kira took someone I loved, so I shall take someone he loves! An eye for an eye."

She looked back at Light and pointed the gun to Shiori again. There was a tension around us. Naomi and Light had a stare down. I was thinking frantically of what to do without anyone getting harmed, but I didn't have time.

Naomi glanced at me to see if I was making a move to get her, but i wasn't. Shiori then made her escape from Naomi's grip. I saw Light and Shiori running to each other and Naomi was taken back from Shiori's escape. Everything was in slow motion. I watched Light and Shiori get closer and closer, but my eyes widen when Naomi pointed her gun at Shiori. I then ran at Naomi.

I was too late. The gun fired and went through Shiori. She fell in Light's arms and they both sat on the ground. Naomi had a shocked and terrified look on her face. I attacked Naomi and she struggled with me. As we strugged, Naomi kept screaming at me to let go, but I didn't. I tried getting her gun but something happened. BANG! I stopped fighting her and felt pain in my upper shoulder, causing me to scream. I placed my hand on it and knelt on the ground. I saw blood on my hand and shoulder. The blood was oozing out fast and went down my arm. I groaned and gasped in pain. I then fell to my side still gripping my shoulder.

Naomi looked even more terrified. I managed to see Light glance at me with worry but then focused on Shiori. They spoke in japanese and shared a small final kiss, then Shiori fell limp in Light's arms. Naomi was breathing hard and Light yelled at her in japanese. By then, the police finally arrived. Naomi became scared and pointed her gun to her head. The police shouted out to her but Naomi shot herself in the head. She fell to the ground dead.

The police went to Naomi's body, some assisted Light and me. Naomi's body was covered and placed on an ambulance stretcher along with Shiori on another. The ambulance helpers helped me get to their van so that they would take me to a hospital. Light was walking a few meters behind me and the ambulance people. I whimpered as they helped me get in the van with my wound still bleeding heavily. The last thing I heard and saw was the sirens and the flash of the lights. After that, my vision faded to black...

*With Light*

Later that evening, Light was talking to Ryuk about what he wrote down in the death note. He killed Naomi Misora and meant to kill off Shiori. Light did it in order to join the task force so that they would sympathize Light. But Light didn't expect Scarlett to be there, and she got hurt in the process.

"Light, you know what? You're far worse than a god of death. Shiori truly loved you. Didn't you love her at all?" Ryuk asked.

Light looked up. "I don't know....."

Light lowered his head and Ryuk looked to the side then looked back at Light.

"Light.... you killed Shiori so that you could be with Scarlett didn't you?"

Light looked straight ahead not saying anything then sighed and lowered his gaze to the ground. Ryuk was highly interested in Light's answer.

Light's father walked up to Light. "Light, your car's here. Let's get you home." Mr. Yagami said. "How's the girl doing? The american?" Light asked surprising his dad. "The doctors said she'll be fine. It's nothing serious" Mr. Yagami said. Without letting his father see, Light softly made a small smile. Then he turned his expression serious. "Dad I have a request." Light suddenly said. "What is it?" "Let me on the team.Shiori was killed because of Kira, and that american girl got injured because of all of this. I'll never forgive him.Please put me on the case." Light said.

"We welcome you." a voice said as Light and Mr. Yagami turned to the figure who said that. L walked in wearing converse shoes and walked in front of Light and Mr. Yagami. "We meet at last. I am L" L said. Light's eyes widen a bit. "Lend us your knowledge. We'll capture Kira together." L said as he pulled out a bag of potato chips! (uh oh! looks like the master of potato chips has some competition! XD). L started eating the chips and Light glared at him. L simply stared back at Light still eating the chips.

Mr. Yagami walked up to L. "First, apologize to him" Mr. Yagami glared at L then left. L and Kira stared each other down. This was only the beginning. The beginning of war between two geniuses. Light then made a smirk. He had L in his grasp.