Ch. 25{The Last Name} The End is Near

I had called my work and had given out proof that Mr. Johnson killed Allison and the other names of the victims. I was to send the book of the victims to my work so, they could see the proof themselves. They could even ask the Japanese Task Force if they didn't believe me.

I also told them where the victims were located, even Allison. I didn't tell them I knew because of my dream, but to just check those places and they would be there.

As for Mr. Johnson, while I escaped with my life, he quickly packed his belongings and left before the police could get there. The Japanese police would have arrested him and held him in prison until American officers would escort him back to New York prison. It was no doubt that the Japanese police would try to see if he raped and murdered any of their female citizens.

It had only been four hours since my tense and frightening experience with Mr. Johnson. I didn't even get that much fired up when Mr. Johnson escaped. I could only sigh in sadness. The whole time, I was holding onto Allison being alive and me bringing her back home. I only got one of the things I wanted: Finding out what happened to Allison. She was already gone. I knew it would be a waste of my energy to fight for her now that I knew her fate.

I would sit at the table in the headquarters and the task force would ask if I was alright. I told I was fine a thousand times. Light still remained close and kept an eye on me in case. He was something. The only difficult thing was this whole Kira thing. Honestly, I don't how this will turn out in the end. Both sides were good and bad. On top of that, I owned Death Note myself and I could have helped out the others earlier on in the case. But I guess I was afraid they would think I was Kira. Also, I had feelings for Light. I still thought of the dangers of him getting caught. What do you think I should do?

I sat in my room in my pajamas and stared at the picture of my deceased best friend. Once the police find her remains, she'll be at peace. In a way, I was happy and relieved that she wouldn't suffer anymore, but as for me, I would miss her presence and be heartbroken for the rest of my life.

I looked at my Death Note that was on the night stand. Mr. Johnson came into my mind. My body just moved on its own to the notebook. I slowly traced my hand to the cover and opened it up. There, read the rules of the Death Note and then a blank page. All of the pages were blank; I never wrote any names. My only purpose was to keep the notebook so it didn't fall in the wrong hands.

My hand had already grabbed a pen and it lightly touched the page, but didn't move. Thoughts and feelings rushed around through me.

I hated that man for what he did to Allison and to me. One less criminal to be rid of. Who knows who he'll target next.

But... killing was wrong. If I were do this, I'm basically the same as him and all other murderers. Did I really have the guts to take a human life? Am I a selfish person, about to kill someone that took something precious to me away while I could have killed other murderers, but didn't do so even though I had the weapon to do it?

My hand still hovered over the paper and I knew Arashi watched from the corner. After what seemed like an eternity of just standing there, judging my actions... I pulled my hand away...

I couldn't do it... I wouldn't.

I felt Arashi leave and I was left alone with this stupid notebook. I put the pen down, but the book was left open. I sat on my bed, staring down at the floor. I was given a few minutes of silence, until someone knocked on my door. It made me jump a bit but I went to my door.

I opened it and it was Light. Light in his pajama pants and a halter top. I started to feel a little heated up and I didn't know why. Light had stared at me to what I was wearing, which was a black tank top and short white pajama shorts.