Ch. 3 Love at First Sight?

Its been a few days since I arrived in Japan and a lot has been happening. I went into downtown and almost every person was either talking about Kira or L. There were even newspapers talking about both L and Kira. The reason I was in downtown was because I wanted to see if there was anything suspicious. Who knows what Kira might planning

I visited downtown and nothing interesting happened there. I then went to some college and I have to say it was a nice looking college. Almost every person stared at me. Ok this is annoying me. Have any Japanese people seen an American before?!

I talked with the person in charge of the college outside and good thing he spoke english. I asked him if there was anything suspicious on the campus and he said that there was none. I then asked him other questions that I needed to know, not knowing some one was watching me. And it wasn't a creepy feeling... it felt as if it was from someone who wasn't a danger.

~With Light~

Light was walking and talking to Shiori around campus. Classes just ended and he noticed everyone was staring at something or someone. When he followed their gazes he then stopped mouth slightly open and his eyes slightly widen. His dark brown eyes landed on a beautiful young woman who looked like his age. She had dark red hair and it was down, dark jeans, and wore a black tank top with an elbow length black sweater shirt over, and wore converse shoes. But there was one thing he loved about her most and that was her blue eyes.

Ryuk looked at Light. "Hey Light what ya lookin at?" Ryuk looked to where Light was staring and saw the American girl. He then chuckled. "Well well. Looks like Kira's found someone interesting" Shiori noticed Light wasn't following her and walked up to him. "Light what is it?" She looked at the american girl. "An American?" Light didn't pay attention to her and kept his eyes on the american girl. To him, he thought she was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.

Light saw that the girl was talking with the person in charge of the college. It felt to him that everyone and everything around himself and the girl were faded images and it was just him and her. But it lasted short when she was done talking with the person. When she turned to walk away it was as if it was in slow motion. As she turned, her blue eyes met his brown ones and were attached to each other for a few seconds, but to Light it felt like forever.

The girl just turned around and walked away from the campus. All that time Light never took his eyes off her. As he watched her leave he was interrupted by Shiori. "Well I'll see you later Light" she smiled and began walking away. "Yeah... see ya..." Light's voice trailed off in a daze. Light then began to walk back to his home. "Well it looks like the almighty Kira is in love" Ryuk chuckled loudly but Light ignored him as his mind was set on the american girl. Was Light Yagami in love with her? Or was Kira?