Ch. 20{The Last Name} Innocent Kiss

*With Rose*

It was the next day and my date with Light. It was almost noon and I got dressed in a white buttoned up and collared shirt that the sleeves ended at my elbows. And a black tank top was over it while wearing dark jeans and converse shoes. And lastly my hair was left down.

I got out of the guest room in the Yagami household. Today was a day off the case and I guess Light decided to schedule our date today. I went downstairs and Sayu was watching TV and Mrs. Yagami was cleaning the kitchen. Mrs. Yagami smiled and stopped what she was doing. "Oh, hi, Scarlett." she said as she came over to me and placed her hands on both of my fore arms in care. "It's so wonderful that you and Light are going on a date. It's been a while since he dated... Shiori..." I smiled warmly at her. "Yeah I know, they seemed to have a good relationship. I just didn't imagine Light would go out with me." I said. Mrs. Yagami smiled big. "Oh, your a very pretty girl, Scarlett. Light has taken a liking to you." I smiled at her and Light came down the stairs.

Light wore a loose white shirt that the sleeves also stopped at his elbows, he wore lose jeans and sandels. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey, mom. Hey, Scarlett." Light said sweetly. "Oh, Light. I'm so happy you two are going out." Mrs. Yagami said. "Thanks mom." Light said a little embaressed. I smiled at his cuteness. This couldn't be the same Light I met. Although I kept in mind what Arashi said. It was possible he could have disowned the death note.

"You ready to go?" Light asked smiling. I nodded and the both of us went to the door. "Have a good time you two" Mrs. Yagami said. Sayu who just entered the kitchen had a smirk on. "Byyyyeee" she slyly said with a wink. I blushed and Light gave an annoyed look. We left the house and decided to go to the park. It was a nice day and there wasn't that much people at the park. Just a few families, couples, and others with their dogs.

"Are you feeling better, Scarlett?" Light asked as we walked together through the park. "Mostly... but I still miss Allison... The pain will die down, but the affect of her death is going to stay with me forever..." I said. "Scarlett, I'm really sorry you have to go through this. I mean you don't deserve to lose all of the ones you love." Light said. "I know.... I don't know why it's happening to me..." I said sadly. "Scarlett," Light held my hand as he stopped me from walking. We were far from everybody else in the park. I looked at Light. "I really care about you. Ever since Shiori died, I felt like I lost someone special, but when I saw you and got to know you better, you made me happy again. What I'm trying to say is that... I love you" Light said. I stared at him shocked. He loved me?

"Light..." I only said not knowing what to say. Light caressed my cheek and smiled sweetly. I smiled and his dark brown eyes were beautiful up close. We continued walking and I accidently tripped and Light tried catching me but lost his balance. My back hit the ground and I let out a grunt. I opened my eyes and saw Light on top of me. We were laying on the grass under the shade of a tree. Light's face was a few inches from mine and we stared into each other's eyes. It was silent for a few minutes and then Light slowly moved in. I was frozen for what he was about to do. As soon as his soft lips met mine, my eyelids closed.

The kiss was soft then he started moving his lips on mine. I did the same back to him but shyly. The kiss became passionate afterwards. I guess I was in love.

After the date was over, I went in my room and sighed contently. I heard my cell phone vibrate meaning I had a text or someone was calling me. I looked at it and saw it was David calling. I answered it "Hey, Dave." I said. "Hiya sis! How's everything going?" he asked. "Oh nothing just had a day off and went on a date." I said. "A date? Yay my sister finally has a boyfriend." David said. "Dave, it was just a date." I explained to him. "Ok whatever you say, Rose. But just to keep things clean, make sure you don't fool around." Dave said. "I won't Dave, don't worry." I assured him.

"So tell me who is it." Dave said getting eager like as if he were my girlfriend. "His name is Light and he's one of the guys I'm working with on the case." I said. "Hm really? What else did you guys do? Are you being 'SAFE?'" My brother suddenly asked. I can't believe he asked that. I took the phone away from my ear and stared oddly at it then ended the call. I hope Dave got the message. Same old Dave. Always acting silly, but I still loved him.