Ch. 19{The Last Name} Growing Love

After Light comforted Rose, she went in her room to be left alone. Light told the others what happened and they didn't respond, just felt sorry for her. L had said he would give her as long as she wanted to get through this situation. In the mean time, they started to watch Ms. Takada from their survelliance cameras.

*somewhere else*

Mr. Johnson sat in the house he rented out. Yes, he was now in Japan all because of Rose. He came all this way just so she would be his next victim. He would remember the past events he had done while being in Japan. He stalked Rose for a while: at the college, downtown, the park, and other places. Even though there were some Japanese women, even younger girls, that he found an interest in, he decided to focus on Rose for now. He knew she would be difficult to catch, but he wouldn't give up...

*With Light and the investigation team*

Light, L, and the others noticed that Kiyomi Takada was writing criminal names in a notebook. Rose wasn't with them at the moment, but Light was somehow drawn to her. Always wanted to be near her.

"There are so many sinful people," they heard Kiyomi say to herself from the camera. "I know, I'm the most sinful. But still, I must continue." "Talking to herself?" Matsuda asked. "No, she's talking to somebody." Light said. The computer that Sanami was on beeped. "We've confirmed. The names of criminals on the left side are the criminals that died yesterday. The times and causes of death, even the ones unannounced are on it.""Chief, let's arrest Takada!" Matsuda said determined.

"She'll say she was taking memos." Mr. Yagami said. "Your right..." Matsuda said disappointed. "One more thing," Sanami continued. "All the criminals names are being written on the right side.... are still alive" "They may be the next victims" Light said. "If they die tomorrow, Takada is Kira. Or she may be giving orders to Kira somehow." L said. "We can't let that happen" Mr. Yagami said sternly. "What do we do?" Matsuda groaned while scratching behind his head. "Use Kira's evil." Light said.

For the rest of the night, they formed a new plan. Soon after, they heard the stairs creak. Light was the first to see who it was. It was Rose and she was in her pjs and her eyes were a little red and had water stains from her tears. "Scarlett..." Light said softly. Everyone looked at her worriedly. Especially Mr. Yagami. "Hey..." Rose greeted them. "How are you feeling?" Mr. Yagami asked caringly. "I feel better, but still depressed. But I'll start helping out tomorrow." Rose said. "Scarlett, if you're still depressed you shouldn't work." Light said softly. "I know. It's been two days and I let it all out. I may still be depressed for a long time and losing her will leave a hole in my heart until I die, but I can manage to get back to work." Rose said.

"Well, Scarlett has made her decision. We should trust her. I'm sorry for your loss, Scarlett. We all are." L said while sitting in his odd position on the chair. Rose made a small smile and said a thank you to everyone who nodded back to her and smiled. Everyone agreed to get some sleep. Rose was about to go back into her room until Light called her. "Scarlett, do you have a minute?" Light asked. "Um, yeah what is it?" Rose asked. "I know this is unexpected and you're going through a tough time now, but I wanted to ask you if you would go... out on a.. date with me?" Light said. Rose was surprised he asked that. "Light... I don't know..." Rose drawled out. "Please? Let me take your mind off things. I really like you..." Rose looked at Light and she couldn't ignore those eyes of his. She smiled. "Alright." Light smiled back at her. "Ok. How about tomorrow?" Rose nodded. Light surprised Rose by hugging her gently and telling her good night.

Rose closed her door and Arashi was sitting on the bed looking at her. "Arashi?" Rose asked. "Yeah?" Arashi asked back. "Do you know why Light is acting different?" Arashi was quiet as he kept his dark golden eyes on Rose. "There might be a chance..." Rose stared at Arashi. "Might be a chance what?" Rose asked. "That he disowned the Death Note..." Rose turned her gaze away as she was in her own thoughts. Why would Light disown the notebook?