Ch. 1 Off to Japan

It was the next morning and I told David that I got a call from THE L and that he asked me to join in the Kira case. I could see David was afraid of what my answer would be. And it came out. I told him that I would take the job. David was silent for a while and seemed upset and worried. He managed to finally talk and told me how dangerous it would be. I understood. And what he told me after that made my heart hurt. He said I was the only one he had left. I know we lost all of our loved ones but i assured him that I wouldn't get hurt or killed. Besides I needed to get my mind off of Allison's case, since I worried about her 24/7.

I was leaving in two days for Japan. I went over to the police station and I told the boss about L calling for my help for the Kira case and I needed them to take my real name off my profile. They replaced the name on my profile to my alias 'Scarlett Johnson' and they did the same for an ID card,and other stuff that I needed.

After that was done I started packing. As I packed Arashi was lying on my bed and looked like he was sleeping. I finished packing my two suitcases and started packing my shoulder bag that I was going to bring on the plane. I put in my ipod, my book, wallet, sunglasses, a folder with Allison's case papers, and the last thing I was going to put in was next to Arashi. The deathnote. I picked it up and stared at it for a bit. I put in my bag with the rest of my stuff. It would be a bad idea if I put it in one of my suitcases. If the people that checked the bags saw it or touched it then it would be a problem.

The days passed quickly and it was the night before I would leave to go to Japan. David was watching tv in the living room and I was dressed in my red and white pajamas. I saw David watching tv and I sat next to him and it was quiet between us. It was awkward because David and I always talked about something.

"Do you have to do this?" he asked. I looked at him. "I need to. You said you wanted me to find something else to do to get Allison off my mind. And this is it." I said. "I didn't mean anything dangerous! I was hoping for.... other cases, a vacation, or maybe even a boyfriend." He said as I was looking down at my lap. "You always mention the boyfriend idea." I smirked. "Well you do! You need to find someone good for you. I want you to be happy." He said sadly. "David if I meant to love someone then I won't go looking for it. I'll let events run their coarse." I said and got up ready to go to bed. I went behind David's chair and wrapped my arms around his neck, my head leaning on his. "If it makes you feel better you can call me everyday." He nodded and I went off to my bedroom to go to sleep.

The next morning came and I woke up to get breakfast. I cooked some bacon with eggs and had a glass of orange juice. When I was done eating the bacon and eggs, I walked around while drinking the orange juice in my hand. I walked over to David's bookshelf in his office and saw the books he wrote and got published. Yes my brother was an author. He usually wrote romance novels but once and a while he would write creepy novels which I liked.

I finished my drink and put my glass in the sink. I looked at the clock and it read 10 AM. I went back in my room and got dressed and when I finally was dressed up Arashi was up. I soon watched some tv and had lunch while Arashi was walking around the house unseen and bored. David came home and it was almost time for him to drive me to the airport.

We left at two and the whole ride was silent. I just daydreamed while looking out of my window. We arrived at my terminal and David helped get my bags out and we hugged. "Please be careful ok?" David said. "Don't worry I'll be fine. You can still call me everyday." "Ok." We separated from our hug and I grabbed my luggage and David waved at me and I waved back.

I had to walk in a complete different direction that airlines had flights to other countries. I found the section where I was supposed to check out from. Japan Airways. A japanese woman helped me get settled and my bags were set. She was nice and spoke English fluently. "Thank you, enjoy your flight" she said with a kind smile. I thanked her and couldn't help but think Japanese were cute people. I went through the dreadful security and then I found the gate. I sat down waiting for my flight to arrive and the TVs in my section showed the Japan news. It was showing more news about Kira and I knew even though the reporter was speaking Japanese.

My plane soon arrived and we were about to board. Arashi was standing next to me. "Well this is it, Arashi." I said to him not letting anyone hear what I said. Arashi only swayed his tail back and forth showing he was excited. I made into the plane and sat in my seat. I had made myself comfortable and before I knew it, the plane had just took off into the air. I watched from my window as my home, New York, grow smaller. I flew for a few minutes and I had left my home and my brother. 

I had this feeling I wasn't sure what it was. Something like... I wouldn't return for a while... or maybe... not return at all... My eyes shut and I fell asleep, on the way to Japan... not knowing what lies ahead of me...