Ch. 5 Bus-jacking

The next few days were exactly the same. Nothing. No other events happened. It was now dark and getting late. I wore my pjs which were a white tank top and red pj pants. My hair was pulled back in a half bun and I was in the room where I have always slept in L's hotel room. Arashi was lying on the bed staring at the death note which was inside my bag. I noticed and sat next to him as I opened my laptop and when online.

"What's wrong with you, Arashi?" I asked going to check my email. "I'm just bored. You take the notebook and you don't even use it. And I'm stuck here for God knows how long until you die, or give up the damn thing." Arashi said still staring at my bag. "You sound very annoyed, Arashi" I said in a bored tone. I reached for a bag on the floor and it was beef jerky, Arashi's number one and only favorite food. Arashi looked at the bag, ears forward and alert, it was cute. I took a piece out and gave it to him and he ate it. And after that he never said another annoyed comment for the rest of the night.

The next morning I decided to go out and see if there was anything going on. I wasn't going to stay in the hotel room with L and Watari if anything didn't happen. I grabbed my bag that had a book, my cell phone, money, my files and paperwork, and of coarse the death note. I wore black dress pants, a white dress shirt with a black vest, and high heeled black boots along with black sunglasses to make me look like a businesswoman or clothing designer. After all, I was an undercover detective. I had also wore my long curly hair halfway down as the top half was in a ponytail.

I got on a bus to take to downtown. (The Misa Misa bus). I sat in the way back and started to read my book. Arashi was off somewhere trying to find something to do since I was boring for now. The bus made a stop and I glanced upwards, beneath my shades, for a second and saw that same guy from that college I visited. And he had a girl with him. I glanced back down reading my book. The both of them sat on my right side two rows up. Even though I was into this book I was reading, I felt that same feeling at the college. The one when I felt I was being watched, but in a safe way.

*With Light*

Light and Shiori got on the bus to go to downtown for a date. He knew that the investigator that was following him was near him. As Light walked in the bus he noticed it was HER. The beautiful american girl he was attracted to. He led Shiori to some seats that were near the girl. As they sat down, Light glanced back at the girl and starred at her for a few minutes while she read her book, until Shiori interrupted him. Light also noticed that the guy that was following him sat behind him.

*Back to Rose*

I could hear the boy and girl talking to each other as they both talked in japanese. And after a few sentences, the guy sitting behind them said something to them. I took a quick glance at them and noticed they were talking to each other, but it didn't last for more than a few minutes.

I went back to reading as the bus went to the next stop. Some guy came in and immediately took out a gun and pointed it at the bus driver's head. The passengers gasped and the gun man shouted at them, my guess was to shut up. I looked up and I was involved with a situation. Looks like Arashi was missing some action. I slowly took off my sunglasses and put them in my bag, while thinking of what to do.

The gun man ordered the bus driver to talk on the microphone but he ended up speaking into it instead. I glanced at the boy to see him writing something down and he showed it to the guy behind him. He then crumbled up the paper and he and the man talked about something. The boy then started to get up from his seat. Is he crazy?! He was going to take down the gun man himself? The man behind him stopped him and exchanged words. And the man ended up showing the boy his ID. I hoped it was a fake one with a false name. The boy saw the ID and I noticed he was looking at it longer than he needed to.

I took out my wallet from my bag and silently snapped my fingers getting the man's attention. He looked at me and I showed him my fake ID that said,

Scarlett Johnson

Occupation: Dectective

Nationality: American

Sex: Female

DOB: 12/19

He looked back at me and said in English, "You're a detective?" I nodded. I was going to help them out from anyone getting hurt. The bus continued on and the boy accidently let the crumbled paper fell to the floor. The gun man noticed and came towards us grabbing the paper. He read what it said and said some words and pointed the gun at the boy's head! But the man looked scared as he was looking in my direction only behind me. I didn't know what he was scared about.

He yelled out some words and pretty soon after that he aimed his gun behind me. The man I showed my fake ID to, shouted something and everyone including me ducked as the man started shooting multiple times. He shot the back window of the bus and the glass broke and some of it fell on me. As I ducked behind the seat in front of me, I managed to see that the boy glanced back at me with worry for my safety.

The man dropped his gun as he ran out of bullets and screamed as he told the bus driver to stop. The bus halted immediately and as the gun man rushed out, he was hit by a car. I saw the boy pick up the piece of paper and everyone rushed out of the bus. I got off the ground, packed my book in my bag and made my way out of the bus.

While the bus driver was calling in for help, I saw the dead body on the road bleeding. I looked around and some of the people were shaking from the scene. I saw the man and the boy talk and then the boy left with the girl. I watched them go in a taxi and I could of sworn I saw the boy glance at me once again. As soon as they left, I walked up to the man.

"Are you alright?" He asked me and I nodded. "So your an american detective. Are you investigating this case too?" He asked. I completely ignored his question and said, "Was your ID fake?" "....No it wasn't." He said. "That wasn't a good thing to do. Show your ID to someone." I said and he looked a little worried and felt stupid for his act. "Wait you showed me yours." He said. "Yes I did but it was a fake ID. Scarlett Johnson isn't my real name." I said. The man looked a little impressed. "But still are you here for the case?" He asked. "Yeah...well I should be going. And if I were you Mr..." I then remembered I didn't know his name, "Mr. Whoever you are, I would be extra careful." I said to him as I walked off away. I could feel him eyeing me. After a minute of walking away from the scene, I looked back then put my sunglasses back on then walked off back to the hotel.

When I arrived in the hotel room, I told L what happened. He seemed interested and asked me if there were any clues I noticed. I really didn't have any but I was curious. The gun man freaked out after he touched the piece of paper.... the boy had the piece of paper..... it could be possible that the boy owned a death note, but I wasn't sure if he was Kira or not. From what Arashi told me, there's more than one notebook that can be around here. So far I knew I had one, and I was pretty sure now Kira had one too.

I went into my room while taking my shades off and Arashi was lying down on the bed. "You missed some action, Arashi." I said as I smirked. "Huh? What do you mean?" He asked cocking his head to the side. "I was on a bus and it got hijacked by a criminal and he started shooting all over the place and ended up getting hit by a car." I simply said. Arashi looked surprised and then aggravated. "Damn it! I leave your side for once to find something interesting and then while I'm gone something interesting happens to you! I'm staying with you from now on!" Arashi said in a funny pissed off tone as he curled up in a ball and fell asleep.

I softly chuckled at him and then went on my laptop to go on facebook and my email. My mind settled on the boy I saw on the bus. He seemed..... I don't know. But one things for sure... he was on my suspicion list.....