Ch. 29{The Last Name} A Fallen Angel (Ending 2 part 2)

Rose had moved the rest of her belongings into the Yagami household. Rose had called her brother and she told of what happened, well not the whole thing of course. Basically just the guy she was dating was killed along with the guy that wanted her to come work for them. She told her brother she was going to stay longer for their funerals. He was alright for that. He just wanted to his sister to do what's right.

Rose also called her work and her boss had told her all of the girl victims were found including Allison. Rose smiled but eventually told him that two people on her team recently died so she would be staying for their funeral. And she also wanted to take temporary leave. Her boss allowed her to do so and would be waiting for her return.

The funerals were tough to go through but everyone had support. Light's room was kept the way it was, always clean but with a vase of flowers on his desk. The Yagami family said it was alright for Rose to sleep in Light's room since they had a relationship. It was weird to Rose, being in his room especially since he was gone. Sometimes she feels like he was there with here, even when she slept.

Rose ended up staying longer than she thought. Of course she told her brother of this idea and kept in touch with him. She actually ended up staying for another year. Spending time with Sayu and Misa had been fun, and tasting different Japanese dishes by Mrs. Yagami was quite tasty. And just talking with Mr. Yagami was just enough for her.

During her stay for the case, she had learned some Japanese words and phrases and even more now. She had gone shopping with Sayu and Misa. And Rose and Misa have gone to Japanese restaurants or bars. Two of them got caught by a few pair of eyes from Japanese boys, but Rose didn't care. If Light was here, he'd be death glaring at them with an arm around her waist. But he wasn't...

Since a year went by, today was Light's birthday. The skies were dark and cloudy with a very cold temperature. Sayu and her mom were in the kitchen putting the last touches of frosting on a cake.

"It's been so long since I've made Light's birthday cake myself." Mrs. Yagami said, "We started buying them when he entered school."

"I remember asking him if I could blow out the candles." Sayu said smiling.

"Light let you blow them out. He was such a gentle boy..." Mrs. Yagami's bright voice turned into a sad one and Sayu stared sadly at her mom.

It was silent for a minute and Sayu glanced outside and became excited.

"Mom, it's snowing!"

"Take an umbrella to your father" Mrs. Yagami said and Sayu nodded as she went to get the umbrella and hurriedly left.

Mrs. Yagami stayed at home alone finishing the cake with a frown on her face.

The snow got a bit heavier and Mr. Yagami was outside of the train station. He had just got out of work and he shivered against the cold.

"Dad!"

He turned to see Sayu running to him with his umbrella.

"You didn't have to." He said as he opened his umbrella and Sayu snuck in next to him.

The two began walking home.

"Crimes have increased since Kira disappeared." Sayu said.

"Do you want Kira to come back?" Mr. Yagami hesitated to say.

"Never... he killed Light." Sayu said as she cried and stopped in front of her dad.

Mr. Yagami wrapped his arm around her and they continued walking.