Ch. 2 Meeting L

~Somewhere else~

In the prison, where it was dark and all the prisoners were all asleep in their cells. Except one. In one cell a familiar man was sitting on his bed thinking. In his mind he kept hearing her voice. The voice of the beautiful detective that was searching for her beloved friend."Where is she?" her voice echoed in his mind. The man started pacing around in his cell."WHERE IS SHE?" her voice echoed again. Flashes of the girl's face appeared in his mind. Then he remembered when he saw her again. She came into the police station and was talking to the chief that she wanted to change her profile because she was going somewhere. He only listened to the important details. "I'm going to Japan" her voice echoed again. Her whispers were soft and then he heard her false name. "Scarlett Johnson" her voice echoed. The man then placed his arm on the wall leaning against it, and he had his head down still thinking of the detective.....

~With Rose~

I was on my flight and it was going to take me to Chicago. I spent the most of the flight reading my book. Then when I arrived in Chicago, I went on my second flight that would take me to Colorado. And then from there, a flight to take me to Japan. It was a long trip and it was late a night. I fell asleep on the flights and Arashi was by my side awake the whole time. My last flight was the longest than all the others. I slept during the whole flight and I woke up when it landed. It was pitch black outside and the lights at the airport showed brightly.

I managed to get my luggage even though everything was in Japanese and I couldn't understand it. But thankfully since English was one their top languages, they had the translations underneath the Japanese language. The Japanese people in the airport stared at me. But why? Its like they never seen an American before.

I saw an old Japanese man with white hair, glasses and a white mustache holding up a sign that said 'Scarlett Johnson'. I went over and he smiled and lightly bowed to me and I bowed back and we shook hands. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Johnson." he said in English. "It's nice to meet you too, Mr...." "Please call me Watari." he said still smiling and I smiled back. "We should get going. L wants to meet you."

Watari was driving an old green car that looked like it was made in the older days while I was sitting in the back seat just gazing at Japan. Japan looked like a very pretty country. I have read so much of Japan and it's culture and I loved it. I even studied some Japanese words in my spare time. I always wanted to visit Japan for sight seeing and I guess I finally got to come here, but it was for business. I guess I could stay here longer to enjoy myself after the Kira case was over.

It was quiet during the whole drive. We arrived at a fancy hotel and Watari helped me with my bags and we entered the hotel. We went in a room and Watari placed my luggage on the side on the wall. "L, Ms. Johnson has arrived." Watari said in Japanese. I waited for a few seconds and I saw a young guy wearing loose jeans, a long sleeved white shirt, and had messy long black hair. Even his eyes looked dark from lack of sleep.

The young man came to me and said in perfect english. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Johnson. I'm L" he said with no expression on his face. I didn't expect THE L to look like this. But then there's me. I was one of America's top detectives and I still looked and dressed like a teenager I guess.

L and I talked for a bit about what I exactly did for my job and about America. And during the conversation he offered me sweets but I politely declined. "You should get some rest Ms. Johnson, after your long travel." L said as he ate his sweets and did work on his computer. "Alright," I got up "Night L, Watari." Watari nodded his head to me but L said nothing. "Ryuzaki, you can call me Scarlett." I said before I went to the room I would be sleeping in. I closed the door and I dressed in a tank top and pajama shorts.

I got in bed and Arashi was looking out the window. I took out a picture of Allison and looked at it. I was so desperate to find her. After a few minutes I put the picture away, shut the light off and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep instantly.