Ch. 6 Dangerous Encounter

On that same evening, Light was in his room on his laptop and he typed in something in the search engine. Ryuk looked over Light's shoulder. "Hey, Light, what are you looking up?" Ryuk asked. "I'm looking for information about the girl." Light said still looking at the screen. Ryuk chuckled loudly "Oh you mean the american girl that drew your attention?" Light finally found the website and clicked on it.

A picture of the girl he was looking for came up. Light and Ryuk looked at the information that was listed.

Name: Scarlett Johnson

Age: 18 (close to 19)

Occupation: Detective

Sex: Female

Nationality: American

DOB: 12/19

Hobbies: solving mysteries, reading, writing, listening to music, cooking

Relationship Status: Single

Family History

Father: Deceased

Mother: Deceased

Sister: Deceased

Brother: Living

History

Scarlett was born and lived in California in the United States. When she turned 13, she and her family moved to New York City. When she was 15 years old, her parents died in a car crash on January 15. Then when Scarlett was 17, her older sister died of cancer on September 5. Now she and her older brother, David, are the only members of the family left.

Her brother, David, is a magnificent author that mostly writes romance novels. Scarlett is one of the United State's top best detectives. Every case that was given to her, she has successfully solved each of them. The last case she was given was a kidnapping of her best friend, Allison Crane. She's been missing for a while and still remains missing, but Scarlett found her kidnapper and today he remains in jail. Scarlett has requested not to give out the kidnappers name out in public or the web.

Ryuk chuckled as Light looked interested on the profile. It was a good thing he managed to sneak a glance at the ID that the girl showed to Raye Iwamatsu when she wasn't looking. On the other hand, Light felt bad about what she went through. Not only was she beautiful, she went through tough times in her past. He was going to meet her. But how?

"So, Kira, what now? You gunna try to meet her?" Ryuk said as he chuckled. "That's what I plan on doing" Light said as he closed his laptop, that still had Scarlett's profile on it. "That should be interesting" Ryuk said once again, chuckling. Light was getting ready for bed and decided to deal with the FBI agent, Raye Iwamatsu, tomorrow morning.

*With Rose*

I woke up the next morning and tiredly sat up. My hair that was kept in a bun was a little messy and I rubbed my eyes. I looked at the clock and it read 9:34 am. I got out of bed and got dressed in a black tank top with a blue and black plaid shirt over it. The sleeves ended at my elbows and the front part of the shirt was unbuttoned exposing the front of the black tank top. I wore my dark jeans and converse shoes, and let my long hair down. As soon I was finished, L like always, offered me some sweets for breakfast.

After I ate some REAL breakfast, I ended up taking a lollipop just to make L happy. I told him that I was going to investigate more and probably get some coffee on the way. And L asked me to pick up more sweets for him. What did I look like, a maid?? I was a detective, not a.... detective that goes off to buy the other detective his sweets. But I guess I had to.

I walked this time to downtown. It was a nice day too. By now I got used to the staring from the japanese people. I even ended up taking the subway to take to the other side of town. I sat down on the train seat and started to daydream about the recent events. Little did I know that a few cars away from me, the FBI agent Raye Iwamatsu was in one of the cars and being threatened by the one person L was looking for.

After the train stopped at a few stations, it stopped at the next station and the next thing I knew that broke me from my daydreaming was screaming. I glanced through the window to see what was happening. It was that detective I met on the bus. He was on the ground and he was having a heart attack! Then I saw a woman next to his side screaming and crying. Was Kira on this train?

The train started to depart the station and a mob of people came at the scene. Arashi was by my side also looking at the scene through the window with his paws set on the window. "Wow now there's some entertainment!" Arashi said in a pleasing way as he finally got to see something interesting. I glared at him. "What?!" Arashi said not knowing what he did. "You take this 'finding entertainment' way too seriously!" I harshly whispered to him. "Do I still get some beef jerky?" he suddenly asked. "I don't know. I'll have to think about it after your 'comment'." I whispered. His ears drooped down with a 'oh crap' look on his face. He probably knew my answer already.

*With Light*

After Light used Raye to get the deed done, he packed all evidence in the folder. By now, all the FBI agents should be dead. The train came at a stop and Light exited. He was then caught of guard when he saw HER. Scarlett Johnson. A few cars away from him she exited and started walking away. Light then put his hood up and quickly followed her. This wasn't his plan on meeting her, but he had to.

*With Rose*

I started walking away from the car and walked around to find the exit. I was now in an area where there were only a few people. I started to think where the stupid exit would be until it happened.

"Scarlett Johnson" a voice said behind me. It was a japanese person speaking but he spoke great english.

I turned to look behind me but he stopped me--

"Don't turn around or I'll kill you" he said as I snapped my head forward. I was becoming nervous. What if this was a murderer or a robber or--

"I'm Kira." he said and I froze. I didn't know what to think.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. I felt he was very close behind me, and I could sort of feel his warm breathe on me. Creepy. He's totally invading my personal space.

"Nothing, really. I've just heard of a lot of things about you." He said. "And?" I asked. There must be some reason why he wanted to meet me. "And I needed to ask you a question." he said. I waited and he said. "Are you working on the case? The Kira case?" What was I supposed to say? Even if I told him I was and have my name written down, I wouldn't die cause Scarlett Johnson isn't my name and that's what he called me. Unless he somehow knows my real name, but used my alias name to make me think that he didn't know my real name so that he could--

"Scarlett." his voice made me jump. "Are you?" I hesitated then said quietly "Yeah." He was silent for a moment and this made me nervous. "Ok. What do you think of me?" he asked. He had more questions to ask? "What?" I asked confused. "What do you think of me?" This time his voice sounded softer somewhat. "Um..... to be honest.... I.... I don't think your evil." I knew this surprised him. "And.... I think both you and L are good in a way" Kira was silent but still close behind me. "What I'm trying to say is..... I'm on both sides" Kira was silent and then said. "Thank you for being honest. You're a beautiful girl, Scarlett. I would hate for you to die." he said and what he did shocked me. He took a strand of my hair from the side of my face and softly played with it and then traced his fingers along the side of my neck. "I don't want to kill you, but I'll still be watching you." After he whispered that, he untwirled my hair and I heard him leave.

I stayed there frozen on the spot. Kira was directly behind me and he could have killed me, but why didn't he? Arashi stood next to me the whole time and looked amused. "Wow that was something" He said. "Arashi? Did you see his face?" I asked still looking forward. "No. He was wearing a hoodie with the hood up. And he's not here anymore." Arashi said. I slowly turned around and no one was there. I sighed and went up the stairs into the city. During the whole walk I was still shaken up. Should I tell L what happened?