Ch. 8 Suspicion

*With Light*

On a nice, beautiful day, Light and Shiori were spending the day together and while Shiori went off somewhere for a bit, Light started reading his book. When Shiori returned, she wasn't alone. Light recognized her from the train station where Raye Iwamatsu died. Light then became cautious.

"Light, this is Ms. Maki. She wants to ask you a few questions." Shiori said, as the lady dressed in black leather handed him a card. "Nice to meet you," the woman said, "I'm doing an article on the Kira Case. I've heard you met Raye Iwamatsu." Light just stared at her. "Remember the man on the bus from the FBI?" Shiori asked. Light put up a fake expression that he remembered. "He was killed by Kira while investigating the case." the woman said. "I didn't know" Light said. "You didn't?" the woman asked suspiciously. "He was the one following Light" Shiori said.

"That's right. Because he suspected you were Kira" the woman coldly stated. "Are you saying I killed him?" Light asked. "Kira can kill with a name. You used the busjack to find out Raye's name." Light chuckled. "That's funny. Did Raye die immediatly afterwards?" Light asked. "Three days later" the woman said coldly. "If I was Kira, I would've killed him as soon as I discovered his name." Light said. "Light can't be Kira. Your wrong." Shiori said as she looked at the woman. "And rude. I might have to sue you." Light said as he took out a "piece of paper" and copied something from the card and wrote it on the piece of paper.

The woman also revealed that other agents died as well. Also saying that if Light killed Raye first then he would be suspected. And that would be the reason why Raye didn't die right away. Shiori was surprised by this news and Light "was also surprised." The woman said it was kept a secret. She then confirmed that on the subway Light somehow found the name of the agents and killed them all. Light and Shiori decided they should leave and to get away from this crazy woman, but she wasn't.

"Light Yagami....," the woman said as Shiori and Light turned around to look at her. "You can't kill me. I've given you my false name." the woman said. "Will you leave us alone?" Shiori said a little angry. The woman walked up to the both of them and said, "No reason to get nervous..." she said with a fake assuring voice. "Your not the only one suspected" "What do you mean?" Light asked. "Raye told me he met an American detective on the same bus that you were on. It's possible she could have killed him" the woman said. "She's a detective! Why would she possibly be Kira?!" Shiori said annoyed. "You can't really trust people nowadays. Anyone could be Kira, even if their part of the social justice." the woman said.

"I looked up about her. Her name is Scarlett Johnson. Age 18. She is one of America's top detectives and she has never failed a case. So there for she's smart enough to act as Kira and make it look like it wasn't her." the woman stated. Light didn't look so happy. "Will you stop accusing her for something she hasn't done?!" Light almost yelled out. Shiori was a little taken back from his actions. "Why should I? You never even met her." the woman snappily said back. Light was silent but he was glaring at her. "Look will you please stop bothering us and leave Ms. Johnson alone?!" Shirori angryily said.

The woman looked at the both of them not satisfied. "Raye was my fiance. I'll hunt Kira down and won't stop till he pays." the woman coldly said as she walked off angerily. Light and Shiori watched her leave and unknown to Shiori, Light watched the woman's back with a glare.

Later on, Shiori decided to go back home and now Light was walking back to his home with Ryuk floating by his side. "Looks like another one's on your tail. Not to mention she's after your precious American crush. You sure you don't want my eyes? Ha. You're in deep shit." Light smirked as Ryuk flew into his house. Light then entered his house and was about to enter his room when he noticed something odd.

*With Rose*

There were multiple TVs and TV sets in front of me, L, and Mr. Yagami. All of the cameras in the Yagami residence were very well hidden. We watched as Mr. Yagami's son, Light, enter his room. He relaxed on his bed and looked like he was thinking of something (or someone ^_~).

"The people who set up the cameras told me that Light checked for signs of entry. Other than that, we found nothing suspicious in his room." L said. "Were all those cameras necessary?" Mr. Yagami asked. "Light's characteristics, IQ, and lifestyle all match the profile." L said. "This is a waste of time." Mr. Yagami said leaning back in the chair. "If there's a speck of doubt, we must continue. Without that determination, we'll never catch Kira." L said as he ate a piece of cheesecake. I could tell Mr. Yagami gave L a glare, but I understood what L was doing. I continued to watch Light and he was studying now. He sure was cute, handsome, and ho--no!! bad Rose! Stupid female horomones......

*With Light*

Light was studying but was having a hard time since Ryuk kept annoying him and jumping off the walls for apples. Light got fid up with Ryuk and stood up to get his keys and wallet and walked out of his room. Ryuk stared at the door and cocked his head to the side. "Apples?"

Light was now walking outside in a daze and Ryuk flew up to his side. "What's wrong? Ohhh, thinking about Scarlett again?" Light looked up at him and chuckled. "No.... L's completely onto me. Someone's been in my room and there are cameras and bugs hidden everywhere." Light said as they entered a little store. "But you were just thinking about her a few minutes ago." Ryuk chuckled as Light softly smiled. "How can't I think of her? She's hard to get out of my mind" Light said. Ryuk laughed darkly "Not only that, but L wasn't easy to deal with after all" "As long as I'm being watched there are no apples for you." Light said as Ryuk froze behind him. "WHAT????!!!!!!!"

*With Rose*

Light then came back from wherever he went to, and went back to studying. "Your son is a hard worker. You must be very proud." L said as he made a shishcabob with sweets on it. "He wishes to join the Police Agency" Mr. Yagami said, I glanced at him surprised and interested that his son was willing to take a huge job. "How will my son be cleared?" Mr. Yagami asked L. "If he does nothing suspicious and there's a murder by Kira." L simply said. "You want us to wait for a murder?" Mr. Yagami asked with a hint of surprise. "It seems so," L picked up another shishcabob and handed it to Mr. Yagami. "Have one" L said and Mr. Yagami took it, looked at it, and passed it to Mogi while he rolled his eyes. That caused me to smirk. It's been a while since I last smiled.....

It soon got late and the others headed off to bed, as did I. I laid down in my bed in my pjs. I sighed. My brother still called me almost everyday, like I told him. Basically the only question he asked was if I was alright, which I was. I didn't tell him I was still worried about Allison though. I looked at the small comfy chair and Arashi appeared to be asleep. It was all silent, but I grew more worried little by little everyday for Allison. What was this feeling I had? Was it regret? Was it a good idea to come here? Or should have I just stayed home, waiting for hope?

I shook my head at the thought. L called me to help with this case, and I will stay to do so. Maybe, if I saw Kira again, I could try convincing him to stop his motives. That was my last thought before I softly closed my eyes...