Ch. 23{The Last Name} Victims

*With Rose*

We were all back at Headquarters discussing the situation after Takada's death. "What could have been the cause of Takada's death?" Ukita questioned. "A coincidental heart attack, suicide, or..." Mr. Yagami trailed off. "the work of another Kira." "Which is it?" Light asked Rem. "Who knows." he said.

Sanami and Aizawa came in with new info. "There were no names of criminals who were killed before Light was confined." Aizawa said. "What do you think?" L asked Light while staring at him. "Maybe the former owner dies whenever it's passed on to others" Light mentioned."Both Kiras might be dead."

"Now that Takada's dead, it's in the hands of someone else." L said. "Is that it?" L asked Rem. "Who knows?" Rem said again. "Who's the owner of this death note?" Light asked Rem this time. "I can't answer that." Rem said.

"Is that all you cn say?" L asked. "By the way, about the last rule written in the death note... " Light mentioned after taking the notebook out of the glass case. "Once the owner writes a name, he must write another in 13 days or he will die" L said quoting the last rule. "Gathering from this, the first Kira may already be dead" Light said.

"We confined Light for 18 days, and Misa and Scarlett 23 days, which means... they're innocent." Mr. Yagami said. "God of Death, Are all the rules in the notebook authentic?" L asked. "Of course they are." Rem replied as he disappeared off somewhere.

"We'll stop their surveillance." L said. "Light, call your mother." Mr. Yagami said. "Dad, let me help you with the investigation. I have to." Light said. "Light..." Mr. Yagami said.

"Ryuzaki, I know you need me." Light said looking at L. "Yes I know, but you're also doing it for Scarlett. To keep her safe." L said staring back at Light. The others looked at them then at me. God, I hate being stared at.

Light stared back at him. "That's true, cuz I'm dating her." Light said. Here we go with more staring. I blushed a little and looked down. "You guys are dating? How cute!" Matsuda said. "Matsuda.." Mr. Yagami said seriously earning an apology from Matsuda, but I could tell Mr. Yagami was alright with me dating Light.

"All right, Light will continue the search with us." L said. Matsuda and Sanami were looking over the death note. "It looks so ordinary." Matsuda said. "How could this thing kill people?" Sanami asked.

So they finally released Misa and I saw her and Light talking. I didn't want to easedrop. After they finished talking, Misa saw me and ran up to me. Oh boy here comes the tight hug. She hugged me tightly and I swear I could barely breathe.

"Scarlett! I missed you so much! We need to go shopping with each other some time." Misa said. "Yeah that would be good to give me a break from this case." I said smiling small at her. "I also noticed you and Light are getting close." Misa said smirking. "W-What?" I asked nervously blushing a bit.

"Aw you don't have to be embaresed. It's adorable! I know, when we go shopping one day we'll go fetch something sexy for you to wear for Light." Misa said giving me a wink. "U-Uh that's ok! I don't-" I said stuttering and getting more red. "Nonsense! I'm taking you I'll come visit sometime so we can plan when to go shopping!" Misa said then ran off. I sighed still red in the face.

A week went by and we were in Headquarters again. "A week after Takada's death... a new Kira seems to have started killing criminals." Ukita said. "So there are other death notes." Light said. "It happened as soon as Misa was set free." L mentioned. "There you go again." Light said annoyed.

"What about the 13 day rule?" Aizawa asked. "Mr. Yagami?" L asked. "Yes?" he asked back to L. "We should have the death note tested. I'll ask the FBI to find two criminals on death row. We'll have criminal A write criminal B's name in the notebook.. and then have criminal A write nothing at all for 13 days." L said.