Ch. 22{The Last Name} According to Plan

*With Rose*

We were still heading for the Sakura TV station. While me, L, Light, and Mr. Yagami were still in the car we got a call from Aizawa. "A police officer's down but I can't rescue him." "Roger," L said. "Did she kill with the eyes?" Light asked. "We can't have her running wild," Mr. Yagami said. "We don't have a lot of evidence but we'll arrest her anyway."

We finally arrived at the station and went to a private room where cameras and a stage was set up. All of us hid waiting for Takada to come in. We heard the door open and we saw Takada looking at the set having her eye on the plastic dummy that was supposed to be Matsuda. She came down the stairs and got closer to the set. She stopped confused when she saw it was a dummy. Suddenly, bright lights came on making Takada shield away from the light. "Freeze, Takada!" Mr. Yagami shouted.

All of us had helmets on and I saw some of us move in and tackled Takada making her drop the death note. She squirmed and yelled and cursed in Japanese. Soon after, me, L, Light, and Mr. Yagami came out still wearing our helmets. When Takada had a blindfold over her eyes, we all took off our helmets. And once again Light was always beside me, way more than close. I guess in order to protect me. Once we were around Takada with Sanami and Matsuda holding her, Light lightly held my hand. It was comforting and strong, yet again soft. I looked at Light, and he gave me an assuring look that everything was ok for now at least.

"We've been monitoring your every move," L said in front of Takada. "The program you've been watching was a fake." "So it was a trap" Takada said. "Takada, how did you kill all those people?" Mr. Yagami asked. "Are you the police?" she asked. "How did you kill as Kira?" Mr. Yagami asked ignoring her question. She was silent. "You were writing names." Light mentioned. Takada looked down and Mr. Yagami and I glanced at the note book. I recognoized it. It was Misa's death note, but how?

"What happens then?" Mr. Yagami asked. "I just write them. And why are you speaking in English?" Takada asked. "Answer the question!" Mr. Yagami yelled at her. I've never seen him this angry before. Takada chuckled. "Why don't you try it" she said as she started laughing a little mad. "You can kill..." L started. "Just by writing a name in this notebook." Light finished. L turned to Light and they stared at each other while I looked at them back and forth.

Mr. Yagami picked up the notebook the turned round swiftly behind him and seemed shocked of something. "What in the world is that?" Light and I looked behind him to see nothing. "Mr. Yagami, I don't see anything." I said and Light agreed with me. He dropped the note book and Matsuda picked it up and when he looked at the same spot behind Mr. Yagami, he yelped and backed away from whatever it was in fear. "Whoever touches it can see the god of death." L said as he touched the death note and saw the creature.

"Ryuzaki, let my try." Light said taking the notebook out of L's hands. Light dropped the helmet and he looked very dizzy like he was about to faint. I quickly went over to him and held on to him and he was now standing up straight not dizzy. I noticed he looked different. It was his eyes. He seems he wasn't the innocent Light, but the Light I first met. "Light, are you ok?" I asked him. His non innocent look looked at me still with love in his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine Scarlett" Light said giving me a small smile.

*With Light*

After Light assured Rose he was fine, they looked back at the creature who owned the death note. 'I've won. Just as I'd planned.' Light thought to himself.

*flashback*

Just before Light went into confinement, he was in the woods with both shinigamis, Rem and Ryuk. "My memory will come back when I touch the Death Note. Am I right?" Light asked. "However, if it's a notebook you've never actually used... you memory will only last while you have it in your hand." Rem said. "But if I were to possess it, I will never lose my memory. To do that..." Light said. "You must kill the former owner while your memory's back." Rem said.

"Good. That's all I needed to know. Rem, give this Death Note to someone who will be Kira's successor. Have that person resume the killings, 13 days from now." Light said. "Anyone at all? It'll be impossible for you to find the new Kira." Rem said having a point. "I know what I'm capable of doing. I'm sure I'd want to find where the new Kira is. I may even find this Death Note before L does. And while I'm my innocent self, I'll gain Rose's trust. I plan on starting a relationship with her before I get my memory's back." Light said before being a silent a minute. "By the way," Light said again, "There's something I want you to add to the notebook." "What is it?" Rem asked. "A fake rule that I've made for the Death Note."

*end flashback/with Rose*

By now everyone has touched the notebook, including me. I saw the shinigami, Rem, Misa's death god. All of the task members were scared stiff of Rem. I don't blame them, Rem is after all a serious motionless shinigami. "Gods of death do exist. That answers all our questions. Whoever's name is written in this notebook dies." L said waving his big lolipop. He now figured out the Death Note's purpose. "Isn't that right, Takada?" L asked her, who only smiled evilly.

"God of death and a notebook that kills... who in the world would believe in such things?" Mr. Yagami asked. Their talking was barely heard from me. I was only thinking what would happen now. "There's no way we can put her on trial." Ukita said. "Exactly. All I did was write names in a notebook." Takada said. "Wrong. If we can prove how this works... you'll be sentenced to death!" L said to her. All of a sudden, Rem opened his wings and flew up in the air. "Humans, hear me! I an Rem, the god of death. Whoever touches the notebook sees me, and I see your lifespan. I can take away your lives at any time. So its best not to make me angry. Within the Death Note lies me special powers. Whoever's name is written in the notebook, will indeed die." Rem said. "So, one can manipulate the situation of death as well." L said more like asked. "Write down that woman's name and find out for yourself." Rem smirked. Takada looked at the shinigami quickly. "Rem, no!"

As soon as she said that, she cringed. She groaned and then screamed in pain. She fell to the floor and I got shocked as did the others. I felt Light's hand took a strong hold on mine, but it wasn't the same as before. I along with the others, watched Takada roll all over the ground gasping and screaming in pain. She soon stopped screaming and moving. "Hey, Takada!" Mr. Yagami called out to her and the rest of the members surrounded her body. Mr. Yagami pulled off her blindfold and her eyes were still open. Matsuda checked her pulse. "She's dead." he said speechless.

How did she just die now-? Light? I managed to sneak a quick glance at Light who had an no emotion on his face. He never saw me look at him. "Light, give me the notebook." L said coming over to us snatching the notebook out of Light's hands. My eyes widen a bit, Light was going to get caught if he killed Takada. L quickly went through all the pages but found nothing.

I was now lost. If Light didn't write Takada's name in the notebook, how did he kill her? Or what if it wasn't Light, but another Kira...? What's going on?